Website SEO and advertising.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SATC

Reaction score
Hi All. I've had a few days off and have been working on my website. Can anyone recommend good ways to attract interest in your website.
I am trying to think of creative ways to reach clients such as blog or newsletters or maybe a collaborative picture gallery. Cheers Any advice much appreciated.

Interest likely comes with higher Google rankings. Are you working on SEO?

I build websites exclusively for tree service companies in the US and focus on the SEO aspect. A tree service website is generally not worth much if it isn't ranking and getting phone calls. I might be able to provide a few suggestions that could help, if interested.

Yes, Fire away. I'm sure any help would be appreciated by anyone on here doing their own advertising. Currently my rankings are quite low and have been trying to build up a number of back links but I have about 8 whereas my competitors have from 70-115!

Hi All. I've had a few days off and have been working on my website. Can anyone recommend good ways to attract interest in your website.
I am trying to think of creative ways to reach clients such as blog or newsletters or maybe a collaborative picture gallery. Cheers Any advice much appreciated.
Not sure if you got help. But I had a tree company I grew from 0 to 7 figures in 4 years.
My strength is marketing and driving traffic. My recommendation is having a website sales funnel made. Tons of ways to drive traffic. One important thing is re targeting. In other words if someone lands on your site then your site follows them around when you visit Facebook and other sites.

I started doing SEO back in 2001 it was easy to get on 1st page and PPC was 5 cents a click and now use Facebook.

First of all, you need to build the website using SEO recommendations. Then you can try including a blog with interesting articles for your visitors.

Hi @Michael Watson -- I'm new to ArborSite and SEO work in general (though our business has been around for over 17 years). How does engaging with industry blogs help with creating backlinks? Do you mean just dropping our website info into forums like this? Or did you mean something different?

Hey there,

There's a number of ways to get backlinks to your site. Engaging with industry blogs usually implies "guest blogging", or writing content for other blog websites in your industry with a link in the blog back to your site. You can also buy backlinks, but be careful about where and how you do this. I've had good experience with legiit.com, but be careful the vendor.

Other aspects of SEO to consider would be on-page (content ON your website) and local (being in local directories, Yelp, and having a Google Business Profile account).

The basics of on-page SEO are as such:
On-page SEO, also known as on-site SEO, refers to the optimization techniques and practices that you can implement directly on your website to improve its search engine rankings and visibility. These strategies are crucial for attracting organic traffic and ensuring that search engines understand the content and relevance of your web pages. Here are the basics of on-page SEO:
  1. Keyword Research:
    • Start by conducting keyword research to identify the specific keywords and phrases that your target audience is likely to search for. Tools like Google Keyword Planner, SEMrush, or Ahrefs can help with this.
  2. Content Quality:
    • Create high-quality, valuable, and relevant content that addresses the needs and interests of your target audience.
    • Ensure that your content is well-written, informative, and free from spelling and grammatical errors.
  3. Title Tags:
    • Optimize the title tags of your web pages by including your primary keyword near the beginning.
    • Keep title tags concise (around 60 characters) and make them enticing to encourage clicks from search engine results pages (SERPs).
  4. Meta Descriptions:
    • Write compelling meta descriptions that summarize the content of the page while including relevant keywords.
    • Keep meta descriptions under 160 characters to ensure they display properly in search results.
  5. Headers (H1, H2, H3, etc.):
    • Use header tags (H1, H2, H3, etc.) to structure your content, making it easier for both users and search engines to understand the page's organization.
    • Include keywords naturally in header tags, especially in the H1 tag, which is usually the main page title.
  6. URL Structure:
    • Create SEO-friendly URLs that are descriptive and include relevant keywords. Avoid long, cryptic URLs with unnecessary parameters.
  7. Image Optimization:
    • Optimize images by using descriptive file names and adding alt text to help search engines understand the content of your images.
  8. Internal Linking:
    • Incorporate internal links within your content to guide users to related pages on your website. This helps improve user experience and allows search engines to discover and index more of your content.
  9. Page Speed:
    • Ensure fast page loading times by optimizing images, using efficient coding, and leveraging browser caching.
    • Use tools like Google PageSpeed Insights to identify and fix performance issues.
  10. Mobile Optimization:
    • Make sure your website is responsive and mobile-friendly, as Google prioritizes mobile indexing.
    • Test your site's mobile-friendliness using Google's Mobile-Friendly Test.
  11. Content Updates:
    • Regularly update and refresh your content to keep it relevant and informative. This can help maintain or improve your search rankings over time.
  12. Schema Markup:
    • Implement schema markup to provide structured data that helps search engines understand your content better, potentially leading to rich search results.
  13. User Experience (UX):
    • Ensure a positive user experience by having a well-structured and easy-to-navigate website with clear calls to action (CTAs).
  14. Secure HTTPS:
    • Use HTTPS to encrypt data between your website and users. Google considers HTTPS as a ranking factor and provides a secure browsing experience.
  15. Avoid Duplicate Content:
    • Avoid duplicating content within your site or from other sources, as it can harm your SEO efforts. Use canonical tags to specify the preferred version of a page.
By implementing these on-page SEO practices, you can improve your website's visibility in search engines, attract more organic traffic, and provide a better experience for your visitors. Keep in mind that SEO is an ongoing process, and it's essential to monitor your site's performance and adapt your strategies as search engine algorithms and user behavior evolve.

I hope this helps.

Hey there,

There's a number of ways to get backlinks to your site. Engaging with industry blogs usually implies "guest blogging", or writing content for other blog websites in your industry with a link in the blog back to your site. You can also buy backlinks, but be careful about where and how you do this. I've had good experience with legiit.com, but be careful the vendor.

Other aspects of SEO to consider would be on-page (content ON your website) and local (being in local directories, Yelp, and having a Google Business Profile account).

The basics of on-page SEO are as such:
On-page SEO, also known as on-site SEO, refers to the optimization techniques and practices that you can implement directly on your website to improve its search engine rankings and visibility. These strategies are crucial for attracting organic traffic and ensuring that search engines understand the content and relevance of your web pages. Here are the basics of on-page SEO:
  1. Keyword Research:
    • Start by conducting keyword research to identify the specific keywords and phrases that your target audience is likely to search for. Tools like Google Keyword Planner, SEMrush, or Ahrefs can help with this.
  2. Content Quality:
    • Create high-quality, valuable, and relevant content that addresses the needs and interests of your target audience.
    • Ensure that your content is well-written, informative, and free from spelling and grammatical errors.
  3. Title Tags:
    • Optimize the title tags of your web pages by including your primary keyword near the beginning.
    • Keep title tags concise (around 60 characters) and make them enticing to encourage clicks from search engine results pages (SERPs).
  4. Meta Descriptions:
    • Write compelling meta descriptions that summarize the content of the page while including relevant keywords.
    • Keep meta descriptions under 160 characters to ensure they display properly in search results.
  5. Headers (H1, H2, H3, etc.):
    • Use header tags (H1, H2, H3, etc.) to structure your content, making it easier for both users and search engines to understand the page's organization.
    • Include keywords naturally in header tags, especially in the H1 tag, which is usually the main page title.
  6. URL Structure:
    • Create SEO-friendly URLs that are descriptive and include relevant keywords. Avoid long, cryptic URLs with unnecessary parameters.
  7. Image Optimization:
    • Optimize images by using descriptive file names and adding alt text to help search engines understand the content of your images.
  8. Internal Linking:
    • Incorporate internal links within your content to guide users to related pages on your website. This helps improve user experience and allows search engines to discover and index more of your content.
  9. Page Speed:
    • Ensure fast page loading times by optimizing images, using efficient coding, and leveraging browser caching.
    • Use tools like Google PageSpeed Insights to identify and fix performance issues.
  10. Mobile Optimization:
    • Make sure your website is responsive and mobile-friendly, as Google prioritizes mobile indexing.
    • Test your site's mobile-friendliness using Google's Mobile-Friendly Test.
  11. Content Updates:
    • Regularly update and refresh your content to keep it relevant and informative. This can help maintain or improve your search rankings over time.
  12. Schema Markup:
    • Implement schema markup to provide structured data that helps search engines understand your content better, potentially leading to rich search results.
  13. User Experience (UX):
    • Ensure a positive user experience by having a well-structured and easy-to-navigate website with clear calls to action (CTAs).
  14. Secure HTTPS:
    • Use HTTPS to encrypt data between your website and users. Google considers HTTPS as a ranking factor and provides a secure browsing experience.
  15. Avoid Duplicate Content:
    • Avoid duplicating content within your site or from other sources, as it can harm your SEO efforts. Use canonical tags to specify the preferred version of a page.
By implementing these on-page SEO practices, you can improve your website's visibility in search engines, attract more organic traffic, and provide a better experience for your visitors. Keep in mind that SEO is an ongoing process, and it's essential to monitor your site's performance and adapt your strategies as search engine algorithms and user behavior evolve.

I hope this helps.
Wow, this is incredibly helpful. Thanks so much for taking the time to write this all up.

Latest posts

Back