Website/Web hosting?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ended up using Fat Cow for something like $3.99/ month. It has Word Press and other options. I got so frustrated putting a site together that i hired my brother in law's girlfriend. She had a site up in a few hours. One problem, she didnt use any of my images, none of my text, and under the services page she put topping as something we offer. I have called her, sent her text messages and emails. No reply. That was a month ago. The web site doesnt come up in a google search either, i know thats all SEO stuff but geeez. So i guess a need to take down the site and hire a pro. Ill put up a link when the time is right.

Drop me a line, I do this for a living and let me see if I can give you a quick hand with that site. If you have the login that is. Other wise you may have to start over.

site building

New to forum and site building. In the saw industry 20+ years, sales and service. Have attempted several site builders. Find most of them to be fairly simple to add product but hard to manage. Finally settled on one (49.99mo:month)and built a site, looks decent, but need tips in driving traffic! Thanks :msp_confused:

@treemd,
what happened to your site? I was flicking through this thread after finding it from google but i found your website was suspended. Did it turn out the host was no good?

WEBSITE / WEB HOSTING / SEO 's

Thanks for all the great Ideas, great thread but it is hard to find because of the forward / attached to websites / web hosting.
figured I would post my web build. So far I have hair left but it is slow learning how did I get passed up by the computer web age we had one computer class in HS my senior year Pascal on a macintosh with floppy disks then I dropped out of college because the trees and now money was screaming at me, now many sleep less nights doing a simple task that most 12-15 year olds think as second nature, to add to anyone who may be as back woods as I am about the web / webhosting game I would say find a good paid wordpress theme up front I have spent a lot of time trying to back door a free or loaner theme and thats the bait and hook
after geting it just about right I find out they lock you out of the email section unless you buy thier annual membeship, of 149 per year so to save time and frustration with yourself remember nothing is free, that said here is my web site so far.

Goodman Treescapes

The banner slide is photos only which limits me on my old lap top had to actually past and scan the banner so will have a logo photo made then load it later or I am going to go with another theme and just move content not sure yet Thanks and rep sent to ATH for the PMs,

Now for some more learning SEO's most of the "free" word press themes don't have good info on SEO so any help will be greatly aprecieated have my web site up but can't find it unless I gogle company name and I am unfortunate of having the same given name as a famous dead gay writter so if I goole my personal name he comes up, and when I google Goodman Treescapes my Face book comes up before my web site, off to read up on Search Engine Optimisation.
I got spoiled before the resession with all the word of mouth I could handle, now the calls are slim and everyone is price shopping.I spend over an hour educating the client and they still go for the cheapest bid. San Antonio has always been a repressed labor/service economy so whats new,
Can Not Edit Heading had to copy deleate post then re post with new heading, darn puters.
Paul

had to change Themes so I could Caption the ISA Certified Arborist Logo, dont like this Theme as well but didn't want to have a resedual fee so went with this SmallBiz theme by expand 2 web . com

here it is so far learning how to add a link to each page to get the client to stay and click on next page or content and adding more links to other sites to get the customer to stay and read or click to contacts etc. was thinking the green header was to much but when I went back to grey it looks blah so left it green

San Antonio Tree Trimming,Removal,Preservation,ISA Certified Arborist

vacation and don't want calls.
11.jpg

12.jpg

15.jpg

12.jpg

I host with bluehost.com and 1and1.com is my domain registrar. I like both. They are reasonable on price and have great customer service. I have a long way to go building my website as I have decided to learn to write html and build my own from scratch. When I have issues with anything I can CALL and they will walk me through what I am doing wrong. I have a long way to go in making a proper site that ranks well in google but I have made it to page 3 on google when a search contains my town and tree.

I host with bluehost.com and 1and1.com is my domain registrar. I like both. They are reasonable on price and have great customer service. I have a long way to go building my website as I have decided to learn to write html and build my own from scratch. When I have issues with anything I can CALL and they will walk me through what I am doing wrong. I have a long way to go in making a proper site that ranks well in google but I have made it to page 3 on google when a search contains my town and tree.

I would suggest you go to Google Places for Business (https://www.google.com/business/placesforbusiness/) and get your business verified as well as create a business page for yourself. Ideally you can then encourage customers to give you reviews of your service. Above all, claiming your business on Google at Places is going to help raise your visibility in searches.

I would suggest you reconsider doing scratch HTML and use Wordpress and employ some free plugins that add some functionality above and beyond the editor that comes with Wordpress. Wordpress SEO (Yoast) helps you set up and test how well you are doing with improving the search capability, and you can also access a free drag and drop editor called Page Builder (by SiteOrigin). Above all, you need to write some more text because Google doesn't search images and it needs to find enough relevant material and regular updates to keep the site indexing "robots" interested.

Facebook created a generic site for your business and you should probably look into claiming it and linking it to your website. Links between a website and social media is very helpful. Definitely create links with your Google business page and webpage.

You could alternatively use Weebly which Bluehost has a modified version on offer. It is a pretty nice drag and drop design tool, and I like it better than SquareSpace which I think someone else mentioned earlier in this thread. This is a site I did for another tree company this spring using Weebly: http://www.voriotree.com/ Some tweaking of the text is in order but he has the links to his Google page and Facebook page and has nice video and photos to demonstrate what he does.

Hope this helps illustrate some things to consider.

I use hostgator.com, they have the fastest servers for the money, plus they actually own their servers, instead of leasing them. If you have a tech support question, you will get someone that speaks English and will resolve the problem. I've been very happy with them. If you are looking for a builder, I probably could help you out or point you in the right direction as I know several website developers.

www.pikeme.com is my personal project, if you want to see something I've built, though it needs updated.

you can use A b2b wood market website where you can create a company page.it s easier and free. good luck

I did hostgator and their website builder for super cheap and it's really easy. www.gigharborbigfoot.com but now I need help figuring out SEO for getting my site to pop up in the search engines. I don't really want to pay for google ads if I can help it. Anyone have any suggestions for internet marketing on the cheap?

Make sure tree service and your town are used liberally in the text of your website. My website is nothing fancy at all but usually pops up on the first page when someone searches for tree service shawnee OK. It did take a few months to get there though.

Latest posts

Back