Weekend Work

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rbtree

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Fabulous weather, shame we had to work, but not really. Just look at the setting!!

Job was removal of seven maple, 1 cottonwood, 65 miles from home, in a Cascade valley. Peaks up to 5800 feet higher all around....Mature trees, lots of hazard and breakouts, plus customer has to rebuild pump house for the well. No haul, the folks taking the firewood cleaned up as we went to save on the mess, thus the need to work on the weekend. Pretty straightforward work, but great setting. so here are some pics.

Homeowners are old customers, awesome folks, we camped out up there, they served us all food and beverages constantly!!! They have planted at least 100 trees all around the 5 acres, plus more soon...

Plus they also have a place in Cabo San Lucas (Baja), and have extended an invite.... No trees down there, tho, only cactus....

Last edited:
Mt Hillman is the backdrop, very un Cascade like geology, more like the Rockies with its tilted sedimentary strata....

At 6:45 sunday morning, whilst enjoying this fine river mist, and snapping pics, some miles up valley, a logger fired up his saw and started felling timber. After waking the entire valley, he quit before 9. Then we started.....

Other side of the valley, is Whitehorse Mt, ~6500 ft, with it's slowly receding glacier...

Due east a few miles, but out of sight, is Glacier Peak, a 10,300 foot or so volcano. And tons of wilderness, great backpacking, fishing, kayaking, climbing...

And a few miles away, an almost dead American chesnut, which I'm pretty sure is the American co-champion, 106 feet tall, 19'7" in circ, 101 feet crown spread....

Last edited:
One of the many thriving trees that the Parker's have planted, not sure of the species, perhaps a balsam fir

John, I'll send you some.....is 2 mm pixels too much for ya, big guy???

right on spydey, but about that missing half.... dont think i'd want to have just half of an anything gasm.

Pic: Customers, friendly help, and John, who werks for me..in back. More like play this weekend.....

Karen liked the 16 hp 3120 a lot, but said I needed to have Ken Dunn bump up the power a bit more, and build a pipe for it....

Karen had to resort to strong armed tactics to get John to keep on working...

Ah, that explains it!!!

Now if'n u wuz a she (not an ewe tho), i'd share any gasm, most anytime.....!!!

I'll have to scan the old shot of meself skiing waist deep fluff in "Orgasm Meadows", a fine treed steep 1500 vertical glade at my favorite ski area.... Plus maybe shots on aptly named " Brain Damage" and "Lobotomy", or the insanely steep "Pinball", 7 feet wide, rock wall lined....

....back to the padded cell....

I dont care as to the fle size, just the pixil format so that it fits the screen right:D

You got any phile storage on your server? You could just upload there and I'll link to it. Keep the file name the same and we should be able to have different walpaper whenever you feel like redecorating :blob2:

Back