Weight of 1997 Morbark Model 17?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArborEthos

Reaction score
Hey all, been creeping for a while and finally have a question I can't get answered on here by browsing the forums so I figured I'd write up a post for it.

I'm borrowing a Model 17 for the month to use and am wondering what the weight of the chipper is. Can't find it listed on the chipper anywhere and surprisingly Mr. Google hasn't turned up much.

I was planning on having a 1-ton dump bed truck to chip into but it fell through and the first job I'm using the chipper for is in less than a week, so I need to improvise. I have a 2013 Ram 2500 (gasser) to get the chipper on site. I'm just trying to figure out if I build a little box for the 2500 if I can chip into that or if I should have someone haul my trailer to chip into. The truck pulls the chipper no problem but I'm worried about too much weight and being able to stop safely (suburban areas) when loaded with chips also. The logistics of getting a trailer to the site also is a pain but it's better than being too heavy and not able to stop in time.

I would say that the Morbark 17 weighs 8,000 to 8,500 lbs. The truck can pull the chipper without a load of chips. I'm just worried about a full load of chips and chipper.

Hope this helps!

Dave
Global Equipment Exporters
770-420-6400

There is a local tree guy here who brings me chips sometime. He pulls a good size chipper with a 2500 ram truck. He mounted an airfoil off a big rig on the bed of the truck to catch the chips.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Back