Weird bar problem

• Thread starter Deleted member 149229
  • Start date
Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Out on top. I "think" tail is narrower on Oregon. Have to measure stud key way on both to check. Don't keep me in suspense Papa Smurf, what are you thinking it is?

I don't have a clue Dahmer (isn't that obvious by now?). Just throwing out things to take a closer look at tomorrow, and hopefully it will become obvious what is causing the problem.

Does your new bar have the same profile at the tail as your old bar? Was it out of the top rail or the bottom? Is the slot for the bar studs the same width on the 2 bars?

I don't have a clue Dahmer (isn't that obvious by now?). Just throwing out things to take a closer look at tomorrow, and hopefully it will become obvious what is causing the problem.

LMAO!!! You prick, had my hopes up.

If the bar is thicker than the working stihl b/c, try a new chain... Is it a 1 or 3 rivet replaceable tip? The tip rivet mite be out a bit and binding in the kerf...if the machining hole plug is missing the open hole can bind too. I think the correct tail pattern # for Oregon is xxxxDO25 & Stihl brand bar# is 3003

Same chain used on both bars and it's a new chain.
R u sure u didnt somehow get a .325 chain or picco 3/8 chain running on that combos? Ive had people give me saws before said wouldnt cut and i found the were running .325 .050 chain on 3/8 .050 bars and sprockets...one guy had tried like 1/2doz new chains his drive sprocket was so stripped he didnt even notice

Now you know why the seller got rid of it, did you dress the bar once you received it? My guess is it is bent or rails are not true

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMG_0535.JPG I'm stumped. Check with a straight edge, no bends. Checked with square, rails same height and perpendicular to bar length. Bar number is correct and nose shows no sign of having been replaced. Checked with finger and cotton ball, no burrs. No matter what chain I use, same problem, saw stops right now when full width of bar is buried and chips loading under chain on bottom rail and. Use same chains on original Stihl bar and zero problem. For all the more I ran this bar I'm seeing wear on top of bar. That wear wasn't there when I unpacked bar. The wear is only on that side. No I didn't flip it to see if it made a difference, by now I really don't care. Bite the bullet and buy a new Stihl bar. No more used bars for me.

1) You ain't right.

2) What is minimum depth from top of rail to bottom? Chain does not appear to be riding above the rail as if the dl are contacting valley.
Take in and have a Satanic Mechanic look at it

Sent from my SM-T377P using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back