Weird (to us) MS361 Issue...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 1135 400 1300 ignition module was delivered with (ignition module, grommet and ignition lead (195mm). You also need the insulating hose (110mm) 1117 442 0905, the torsion spring 0000 998 0604 which is pressed into the ignition lead and the spark plug boot 1128 405 1000. Push in the torsion spring in the ignition lead, about 15mm from the end of the lead.

Edit: 3/17/2019
Here is a snapshot of the module and the parts it comes with and the ones I`ve descriped you also need.

Attachments

• Ignition module 1135 400 1300.pdf
    96.8 KB · Views: 10
The 1135 400 1300 ignition module was delivered with (ignition module, grommet and ignition lead (195mm). You also need the insulating hose (110mm) 1117 442 0905, the torsion spring 0000 998 0604 which is pressed into the ignition lead and the spark plug boot 1128 405 1000. Push in the torsion spring in the ignition lead, about 15mm from the end of the lead.

Edit: 3/17/2019
Here is a snapshot of the module and the parts it comes with and the ones I`ve descriped you also need.

DND...... First things first, thanks ever so much for the schematic drawing showing the complete Stihl 1135 400 1300 Ignition Module Assembly. :numberone:

Okay, so I've now received Stihl Item No. 11354001300 and, as DND 9000 so wisely pointed out, the ignition module itself comes with a 195 mm Ignition Lead and a Rubber Grommet attached to it. As the drawing supports, the Stihl part number for those two (2) parts is as follows: 0000 989 1002 (in case you don't get them with the module).

I'm assuming that the 110 mm Insulating Hose (Stihl 1117 442 0905) is a protective cover for the Ignition Lead. The Spark Plug Boot (Stihl 1128 405 1000) is self-explanatory, but the Torsion Spring (Stihl 0000 998 0604) has me a bit puzzled. Judging by its nomenclature, I would venture a guess and say that the spring gets pushed into the lead end of the spark plug boot until it stops and, after that, the spark plug boot is pushed over the free end of the ignition lead until the spring "clamps down" and effectively grips the ignition lead. Is that a decent guess or, conversely, does the spring go over the ignition lead first and, after the spring is in place, the spark plug boot gets pushed over the top of the torsion spring? As ever, thanks for your time. :cheers:

HandLogger thank you very much for the replay. You are right with that what you say. Yes the spring is pushed into the ignition lead with suitable pliers. For more information read the first post on this side again and you will understand, it`s simple. After that push the spark plug boot over it. It`s easier doing this with a little bit of press fluid. (The press fluid evaporates and leaves nothing behind.)

As I don't want to start a new thread I'll piggyback on this one. I finished re-assembling my MS361 after getting new av bushings and installing a n.o.s. fuel line I found as the old one was cracked and decided to try firing it up partially tuned. If a little gas went down the carb it will fire up, rev up really high, and then die. Exactly what it did before I tore it apart when it had the bad fuel line. Do you think the "new" line is bad as well, the line to the cylinder is bad, carb adjustment, or something else? I think the carb is good as it's a new Walbro and it hadn't had gas in it until I test fired it around 2 weeks ago.

Try to start with the basic setting on the carburetor. On the HD series it`s H and L =1 turn open from the seated position of the needle (setting valid without limiter cap in place). Also did you check for air leaks after reasembly? It may be possible that you have an air leak somewhere. New fuel filter is used and impulse line is checked too?

Back