ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Traverse Creek Inc

Welders on sale or clearance?

muddstopper

muddstopper

Addicted to ArboristSite
Did you receive anything yet
Yea, received it 2 days ago. Showed up on a flatbed truck with a drop bed. Backed right up to my shop and I used my cherry picker to unload it.

NOT. getting refund, from credit card company. Actually I got to take it directly off the CC bill so I already got my money back or never really gave them any money. I knew it was a scam but had to give it a try. Here is what the scammers are doing. They list a item for sale for a really low price. Once a order has taken place, they find a USPS tracking number in the general area of the shipping address. It is a legitimate tracking number, but it is not a tracking number for the item you ordered. At first glance, everything looks legit, you ordered a item at a great discount and it ships USPS, complete with tracking number. When the tracking says the item has been shipped or delivered, it most likely has, but not to your address. The real item that sombody else ordered was shipped and delivered to their address, but you got their tracking number. Post office said they have been getting a lot of those situations lately. They wouldnt say how the scammers are getting the tracking numbers that are legitimate tracking numbers. You will find that the phone number on the credit card statement says California, but when you call it, it goes to Omaha Neb. Of course nobody answers. They also will not reply to any emails.

unclemoustache

unclemoustache

My 'stache is bigger than yours.
So in essence your trial run actually screwed the Credit Card company, and the scammers got away with the money, thereby encouraging them to continue to scam others.

You didn't lose anything, but I would say that our credit card fees are fairly high because they have to keep dealing with this kind of thing, and it's easier for them just to refund you and ignore it, than to try and get their money back. But they DO get their money back - from all of us who use their cards through fees and interest.

muddstopper

muddstopper

Addicted to ArboristSite
So in essence your trial run actually screwed the Credit Card company, and the scammers got away with the money, thereby encouraging them to continue to scam others.

You didn't lose anything, but I would say that our credit card fees are fairly high because they have to keep dealing with this kind of thing, and it's easier for them just to refund you and ignore it, than to try and get their money back. But they DO get their money back - from all of us who use their cards through fees and interest.
So you think its ok for a scammer to steal money from you thru deceptive marketing and you should just eat the loss. Never mind the fact that the credit card company charges you fees for the protection that they offer you. Said protection to include identity theft and misrepresented products, poor performance, defective products, and individuals not following thru on sales and delivery. I guess, if someone steals your credit card and runs up a bunch of purchases that you didnt want, buy, or receive, then you should just suck it up and accept the loss.

unclemoustache

unclemoustache

So you think its ok for a scammer to steal money from you thru deceptive marketing and you should just eat the loss. Never mind the fact that the credit card company charges you fees for the protection that they offer you. Said protection to include identity theft and misrepresented products, poor performance, defective products, and individuals not following thru on sales and delivery. I guess, if someone steals your credit card and runs up a bunch of purchases that you didnt want, buy, or receive, then you should just suck it up and accept the loss.

Didn’t say that at all. All I said was that you knowingly participated in a scam, which enabled them to get money from your credit card company rather than yourself.

Thanks for helping to make scammers more wealthy. Just what we all needed right now.

muddstopper

muddstopper

Addicted to ArboristSite
Didn’t say that at all. All I said was that you knowingly participated in a scam, which enabled them to get money from your credit card company rather than yourself.

Thanks for helping to make scammers more wealthy. Just what we all needed right now.
wont debate this with you. You have your opinion and I have mine. Key words in your statement is " knowingly," you assume that I knew this was a scam. Yes I suspected it to be a scam, but I had no way to know for certain.

unclemoustache

unclemoustache

wont debate this with you. You have your opinion and I have mine. Key words in your statement is " knowingly," you assume that I knew this was a scam. Yes I suspected it to be a scam, but I had no way to know for certain.

Just going by your own words:

..... I knew it was a scam but had to give it a try....

muddstopper

muddstopper

Addicted to ArboristSite
We pay for the protection that credit cards give us. We pay thru fees the credit card companies charge companies to accept their cards. Those fees are passed on to the credit card user, and everybody else, thru the prices we pay for the products we buy. not taking advantage of the potections would be the same as buying homeowner insurance and then not fileing a claim when your house burns down. As long as the scammer has a account open that the credit card charges are deposited into, the credit card company will reverse the charges and get their money back. That is what we pay for when we take out a card. That is why we use a card for purchases, it gives us some protection against fraud. There is a reason most scammers dont want a credit card for payment, instead prefering money orders or wire transfers.
I once bought a expensive item off a impressive website. It wasnt a cheap item, around $5000. It was done thru a wire transfer. The sellers answered the phone everytime I called. Until they didnt. This product was being sold thru a legitimate company that just had very poor managment. When they quit answering the phone, I went to my bank and had them call the company. They didnt have my product and had already spent the money. They where spending the money as fast as it was coming in. Thru the internet, I found that their where other people that hadnt recieved their products and going thru the same thing I was going thru. I called the Attorney Generals office in the state they where doing business in and they got the business owners attention. We, me and the other people I had found, filed charges and the company owners where prosecuted, fined $100,000 each and ordered to stop doing business. They had to ship everybodies product or go to jail. They then changed the name of their company and started advertising on the internet under a new name. It was easy to tell it was the same people as before, the website was almost identical to the original website. I made a call to the Attorney Generals office and in less than a month the website was shut down. In effect, the man and wife where put out of business. Its was a shame because they had a very good product, just bad buisness skills.

I tell this story because you might think the scammers made money off of the credit card company, but thats is not whats happening. The Scammers used the internet to commit a crime, like before, I have called the Attorney Generals office and filed a complaint. If the attorney Generals office can locate the scammers, they have broken several laws and will be charged and hopefully fined, shutdown, and maybe even end up in jail. The credit card companies have deeper pockets than I do and will put pressure on the Attorney Generals office to prosecute the scammers. Will the scammers be prosecuted I dont know, Technology for hiding is much better than it was 15years ago, but the pressure is on and if they slip they will get caught. In the meantime, I will continue to use my credit card to protect me against potential losses from scammers.

OM617YOTA

OM617YOTA

Addicted to ArboristSite
F that. You knew it was a scam, you know the process costs everyone money even if the scammers don't get theirs, and you tried it anyway. All that politician speak about why it's OK is just BS. You knew it was a scam and you did it anyway.

wampum

wampum

Addicted to ArboristSite
Staff member
Just saw an add on Facebook for brand new 2200 Honda generators for $79 . face Book says They delete fact news. They ought to ge liable for fake news that hurts people. Heck I just read New Mexico wants to hold gas stations responsible for selling gas to drunks.

muddstopper

muddstopper

Addicted to ArboristSite

The idea behind an ad-hom is that if you had a case, you'd argue your case. You don't, which is why you've insulted your opponent instead. You might as well just say "yeah, you got me there" and we'd all move on.
And you continue to try and be a troll. You're not very good at this are you.
Definition of troll (Entry 3 of 3)
1: a lure or a line with its lure and hook used in trolling
2: a person who intentionally antagonizes others online by posting inflammatory, irrelevant, or offensive comments or other disruptive contents In the late 1980s, Internet users adopted the word "troll" to denote someone who intentionally disrupts online communities.
Number 2 pretty well sums up what you are attemping to do