• Please be aware that we have recently gotten a wave of users that, when researched, are found to be from Nigeria. They are trying to sell products and asking to be paid through Zelle or Venmo leaving users with no recourse if they don't ship the product. If you suspect this activity please contact admin and we will research their information to verify their location.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
www.harvesterbars.com

Well I did have work. Thanks corona......

motorhead99999

motorhead99999

Jeepin tree man
I was one of the lucky ones in ny to have work even through the 25 percent of the workforce could work thing. Starting Monday 100 percent of the work force cannot work unless emergency personnel. Not sure about grocery stores. We have a ton of work and more and more calls every day which surprises me that people would want pole barns built during a pandemic but hey as long as I have work I’m not complaining. Tonight im going to the gas station and filling a 55 gallon barrel with gasoline Incase they close. Then atleast I can cut and split wood and ride wheeler with the kids. Maybe I’ll have time to build the addition on the garage and finish the Jeep project. Anyone else out of work?

CentaurG2

CentaurG2

Addicted to ArboristSite
Everyone’s out of work here, out of TP, bored stiff and beginning to grate on each other’s nerves. People are coming out of the wood work. Did some yardwork yesterday could not get left alone. Rebuild a mower today in prep for spring. Snow due in Monday and Wednesday.

lone wolf

lone wolf

MS 200T King
Everyone’s out of work here, out of TP, bored stiff and beginning to grate on each other’s nerves. People are coming out of the wood work. Did some yardwork yesterday could not get left alone. Rebuild a mower today in prep for spring. Snow due in Monday and Wednesday.
The good news is i think i can get people to split wood now.

CentaurG2

CentaurG2

Addicted to ArboristSite
We have been under the thumb for about a week. Many restaurants/bars have tried to make a go at the “takeout only” blitz/blat flim/flam and can’t make ends meet and have shut down. Car dealers are so desperate for service business, they will pick up and drop off your car at no charge. Some in the area are closing Monday. Fuel is down to a $1.84 but people have nowhere to go. They do nothing but hang out at the grocery store waiting for the next truck to arrive. Not good.

Unfortunately, too many people here live paycheck to paycheck and are worried about when the next check will be available. According to the people I have talked to, they are not even committing to seasonal lawn services. It is going to be a very lean year here.

lone wolf

lone wolf

MS 200T King
We have been under the thumb for about a week. Many restaurants/bars have tried to make a go at the “takeout only” blitz/blat flim/flam and can’t make ends meet and have shut down. Car dealers are so desperate for service business, they will pick up and drop off your car at no charge. Some in the area are closing Monday. Fuel is down to a $1.84 but people have nowhere to go. They do nothing but hang out at the grocery store waiting for the next truck to arrive. Not good.

Unfortunately, too many people here live paycheck to paycheck and are worried about when the next check will be available. According to the people I have talked to, they are not even committing to seasonal lawn services. It is going to be a very lean year here.
The old days.

CentaurG2

CentaurG2

Addicted to ArboristSite
No matter what happens, if we get out of this with our skins intact, it is going to be a Bold New World. Hopefully, we can adapt. I am dubious that things will get back to “normal” for years to a decade. Can’t sell much wood for $375 a cord when fuel oil is below $2 bucks a gallon.

lone wolf

lone wolf

MS 200T King
No matter what happens, if we get out of this with our skins intact, it is going to be a Bold New World. Hopefully, we can adapt. I am dubious that things will get back to “normal” for years to a decade. Can’t sell much wood for $375 a cord when fuel oil is below $2 bucks a gallon.
Don't bet on the wood not selling! In a scenario like this people will want it to cook and keep warm we are officially in a SHTF scenario. I know I would went it. Worry more about thieves.

CentaurG2

CentaurG2

Addicted to ArboristSite
Nobody with half a brain is going to steal from us. Wood has already been put up, so if it sells or not this year does not really matter but we still need the revenue for the tax payments. Town wants its tax moneys. They don’t care about hardships or corona virus. You just make your quarterly payments on time or else.

lone wolf

lone wolf

MS 200T King
Nobody with half a brain is going to steal from us. Wood has already been put up, so if it sells or not this year does not really matter but we still need the revenue for the tax payments. Town wants its tax moneys. They don’t care about hardships or corona virus. You just make your quarterly payments on time or else.
What are they going to do take half the property's in America and sell to China? No one will be paying stuff on time and in full the SHTF big time! House comes first though.

92utownxh

92utownxh

ArboristSite Operative
I'm fortunate that I work in city government. Today our governor issued a stay at home order until April 6th. All city employees are deemed essential to keep things working. We actually had guidance from a city attorney that all public works projects, maintenance, and repair is essentials. I do right of way excavation inspections and permits. I've been working in the field for a few hours in the morning. Then we work from home the rest of the day. Not bad really. I have a city tablet I can do all my work on. Plus our home computer. I'm thankful for my job in a time like this.

Funny thing about the toilet paper. I just got off the phone with our local RotoRooter about a street cut they did. He said they are running around like crazy with tons of sewer clogs! Everyone is home and using their own bathrooms. They are overloading the private sewer laterals. So much for hoarding toilet paper, now they have to pay to fix a sewer back up.

Deleted member 150358
D

Deleted member 150358

Funny thing about the toilet paper. I just got off the phone with our local RotoRooter about a street cut they did. He said they are running around like crazy with tons of sewer clogs! Everyone is home and using their own bathrooms. They are overloading the private sewer laterals. So much for hoarding toilet paper, now they have to pay to fix a sewer back up.
Next big crisis infrastructure over load!

Ted Jenkins

Ted Jenkins

Firewood by TJ
I have plenty of TP. I am one of those people who always has a years supply of every thing. I bought several cases of TP about six months ago. For me living by myself a case will last a year. I buy 50 lbs of flour, 50 lbs of beans, 50 lbs of dried peas etc. So I might get bored with having lentil soup often so what. I will just have to mix it up with corn bread or crackers or.

Customers have been calling as much as if were October. I tell my customer if any body asks their furnace quit. On Friday the sheriff did check me out, but did not arrest me. I have only been using one helper for the past few months which lives less than a mile from me. I always keep my vehicles full of gas with a dozen cans also full. So I am good to go for at least a month. Chain saws do use much gas. Thanks