• Please be aware that we have recently gotten a wave of users that, when researched, are found to be from Nigeria. They are trying to sell products and asking to be paid through Zelle or Venmo leaving users with no recourse if they don't ship the product. If you suspect this activity please contact admin and we will research their information to verify their location.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors

Weqather report thread

sb47

Addicted to ArboristSite
8/27/2020
Hows the weather doing in your area?
Here in south east Texas it's a blistering 98* with a heat index over 108*
The water temps in the gulf are in the upper 80's
Dip your feet in the gulf in Galveston and it feels like a worm bath.
I hate the extreme cold but I also hate the extreme heat.
I am so ready for fall and looking forward to some cooler weather.
What is the weather like where you are? Give date and general location.

CentaurG2

CentaurG2

Addicted to ArboristSite
Up on the NE seaboard. Currently about 57F with very light rain. Water temp at the beach is currently 65F. We are having a VERY dry year and need rain badly. Drought conditions in most of the area.

TNTreeHugger

TNTreeHugger

Addicted to ArboristSite
Thunder rumbling not far away... outer bands of Laura passing overhead... winds calm now, but that's about to change in the next five minutes when the storms arrive.

Humidity79%
Wind SpeedCalm
Barometer29.98 in
Dewpoint75°F (24°C)
Visibility10.00 mi
Heat Index89°F (32°C)
Last update27 Aug 5:55 pm CDT

NIP Group
TheBrushSlasher

TheBrushSlasher

I have chainsaws and chainsaw accessories.
It's hot and smokey here in Fresno. We were at 110 last week and the air has been thick like mushroom soup. Luckily things are a little nicer today 95 and I could actually see blue sky. Last week we had over 100 fires start in a few hours and all of that smoke dumps right into the central valley.

ChoppyChoppy

ChoppyChoppy

Tree Freak
Here in AK...
Been in the low-mid 60s with it in the low 40s at night.
Another few weeks and will need to fire up the stove I suspect.
Leaves are changing and dropping.

CentaurG2

CentaurG2

Addicted to ArboristSite
Stellar day here. About 75F no humidity and not a cloud in the sky. Took the afternoon off and headed down the coast in the roadster. We were trying to make Woodman’s in Essex MA for some clams.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/woodmansofessex/posts/?ref=page_internal

Place was packed. They have good food and excellent gluten free food but it is almost too much of a tourist trap these days. By the time I got home, I got burnt pretty good. Late August sun is still strong here. Tonight, into the 50Fs. Good sleeping weather. Tomorrow they are talking some rain for a change.

farmer steve

farmer steve

outstanding in my field, 5150
Monday 8/31. After the hottest July on record here in S. Central PA. 69* and rain today feels fine. If it stays like this I may have to fire up the splitter and get after some piles here. Guessers are calling for mid 80's later this week. Walnut and locust trees are starting to drop some leaves.

CentaurG2

CentaurG2

Addicted to ArboristSite
Wicked pissah nice day here. About 81F, not cloud in the sky and no humidity. Took off again in the roadster. Destination was Bobs Lobster down in Newburyport MA/Plum island.

https://www.facebook.com/Bob-Lobster-133438546668925/

A quick view of the Labor Day traffic put a damper on that plan so we opted for Bob’s clam hut in Kittery ME. Now if you did not know it was there, you drive right by this place, but Bobs is a tourist mecca and parking is tight. I had just finished with two coats of Collinite insulator wax on the red buggy so she was looking pretty fly. Parking lot attendant had us park down front for “advertisement”. Bobs has a great lobster roll and the people who work there are as nice as can be. Hard to believe they are Yankees.

https://www.facebook.com/bobsclamhut

TNTreeHugger

TNTreeHugger

Addicted to ArboristSite
Gorgeous here today, too - and expected to be the same all next week - nice strong breeze finally blew out all the humidity, giant fluffy clouds, mid 80s.
My kind of day! Love this time of year.