Were you considered as offering essential services type of business on your country? The government is shutting down non-essential businesses already.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good for you! Man, how long this will last?
I have work for the next 3 weeks lined up. I will go to work no matter what anyway. As long as we have work I will work. It's just me and 2 helpers alone in a house working most f the time anyway. We can work without coming into contact with each other and except for work or the grocery store I am a hermit. My chances of getting passed over seem pretty good to me. Not getting paid for my jobs would cost me my farm so FK not working.

I'm somewhere in between; my work is not really essential (short term) but it's funded directly by the DOE. We're officially off as of today, we'll be connecting by Zoom, slack, email etc. I think that they restricted key access at work- But, it was pretty much a bangup job (yesterday) and we don't really know who's got access as of this morning.

I've got plenty of work lined up around the house though :sweet:

Best,

~TW

I'm in Ohio. I dropped off my Chainsaw for warranty work on 3-9-20 at the dealer. The oiler is bad. They had my saw for 7 busness day and now I won't be getting it back till Ohio state lifts the Covid19 lock down in three weeks. I should have just ordered the oiler off the internet and done it my self. Auto parts stores are open and I "think" auto repair shops might be as well even home improvement stores are open. O and yes the WEED and Alcohol stores are open.

I am part of a 6 man maintenance/grounds crew at a small private high school. Governor of mass did a 2 week stay at home for non essential, the list that can work is long. For the next week we are on staggered days so only one guy is in the shop. I wrapping up refurbishing equipment. Not allowed to be out on the grounds at this point until the 4th of April. By then the grass and weeds will be growing, buildings need boiler/hvac maintenance. One of my mower shops is open, another closed. I’m in a town of 16,700 and I already kept my distance from crowds. Wouldn’t find me in a big city on a normal day without a damn good reason.

Back