West Bend

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trever

GB mill 076 Super Stihl
Reaction score
Anyone have any old complete or parts West Bend, Power Bee, Chrysler, or US Motor 820s laying around? I am wating to tinker a little with some this year. Happy New Year everyone! Have a blessed new year.

old threads and west bend saws

Just passed on bidding on a dolmar ct and I see a 111s is currently on "that auction site"...being a student has helped (loans and refunds) and hindered (otherwise broke due to restricted work hours) my trading. I've got my saws down to what I'll use while I'm wrapping up school. I would like to familiarize myself with an 820 and possibly a mac 125 with a 101B and those are on my radar. I'll hopefully be able to get more serious with trading this spring (graduation and different job). Currently getting my shop and myself ready for some projects.

Yeah so thats the whole scoop.. and why I'll respond to any thread I find with a good seller who reports owning a west bend...

I'll try to check the dates to see how many months old the threads are!

The 820 powered saws are tough ones to locate. The engines themselves are pretty common.

Bill

I guess I should see about renting one! Or just buy a motor and use some 125 parts like McBob in Australia. Btw that 084 is great. Just have to get that carb a little more broken in. Haven't started it without priming yet. (Haven't taken time to do much yet except b + c it).

New favorite saw accessory. Dropper. Hope no one mistake it for a tincture.

There have been some frames on ebay that could be modified to accept the 820. The engines have been going up in price though. I would consider selling one of mine with a 610 in it

Bill

That may be the way to go. I've seen some 125s like McBob but a transfer seems more my speed. Then figure a good motor source. I'm eyeing some HOs destined for ROKONs. Just making sure I get the right rotation. I'm learning.

What make are you considering?

I haven't found one yet, 820 motor that is. I have an old Strunk that has a 700 series West Bend (model 2736 came with a shorter crank; 105 cc) in it. I will rebuild it after I finish my 076 Super project and Homelite C-91 rebuild. I have a 1993 KTM 125cc motor as well to play around with. I'll be checking in from time to time on this site, but will be deploying in about a week for a year. Hope you all have a blessed and safe 2011. Happy New Year!!!!

Trever

Hoffco Power Bee

Anyone have any old complete or parts West Bend, Power Bee, Chrysler, or US Motor 820s laying around? I am wating to tinker a little with some this year. Happy New Year everyone! Have a blessed new year.

I just picked up a Power Bee yesterday with the 82006 powerhead. Appears to be complete. I haven't gotten into it yet to check P&C. Starter has problems but I could move the flywheel enough to feel compression. I didn't see anything on this model on the Acres site, just the Chrysler 82006 info and the Hoffco Super 90.

Anyone have any info on this one, besides it weighing a TON?

Powerbee

I just picked up a Power Bee yesterday with the 82006 powerhead. Appears to be complete. I haven't gotten into it yet to check P&C. Starter has problems but I could move the flywheel enough to feel compression. I didn't see anything on this model on the Acres site, just the Chrysler 82006 info and the Hoffco Super 90.

A pretty neat motor from what I hear. I have heard will out a Stihl 090. I know Lancaster, Root, Whitehead, and Montgomery Wards all had a model that used the 820. I don't remember if Comet did. I would like to put one on a chainsaw mill. Check with
820Wards on here. He runs a modded 820 on his chainsaw mill. I hope this helps and boy I would like to find one to rebuild..... Have a blessed day.

Trever

Latest posts

Back