West Central Ohio GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boda65

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Anyone interested in a get together in West central/ NW Ohio? I'm roughly halfway between Toledo and Dayton, about 20 miles West of Lima Ohio. 2 1/2 hours from Indy, 1 hour from Fort Wayne IN. The date would be June 8. The idea started when I took down a big (for me) cottonwood tree that threatened my parents house. Not much account for firewood so I was thinking it would be fun to have a GTG.
Cottonwoodlog_zpscb1f119c.jpg

I've also brought home 5 ash logs and I'm sure I can get more logs.
I know it's relatively short notice but let's see if there is interest and we'll make it happen!!

Yes I am very interested finally something getting closer to me Sweet I have family in Spencerville. I will be coming from the Detroit area, striaght down 75 most likely. Pm if any one is interested in riding along probably me and my son (12) room for 2 or 3 more quad cab truck

Bump!

Anyone else? I'm thinking all day Saturday, you're welcome to pitch a tent and we'll cut some more Sunday. I've got enough extension cords that some of you could even have some juice. I've got a 35 ton TSC splitter you are welcome to try out. It might make up your mind to put away the maul, I know mines getting a little rust on it. Just give a shout out if interested.

I would love to help turn that big log into kindling and noodles, but June 8th is a Saturday and I work Saturdays.
Make a Sunday and I will be there.

Chuck

I would love to help turn that big log into kindling and noodles, but June 8th is a Saturday and I work Saturdays.
Make a Sunday and I will be there.

Chuck

I may have just picked a bad time of year, there doesn't seem to be much interest in this. If it happens I'm sure we could cut Sunday morning if the big log survives Saturday.

I would be interested. It would give me a chance to grab some Kewpee burgers on the way home too

You can add me to the list, if your starting one. :msp_thumbup: Unless something drastic comes along and I can't make it. You would probably get more response over on the chainsaw forum. But thats up to you Jim. I can think of another member that must not be far from you, MS460Woodchuck is over by Van Wert I believe.

:cheers:
Gregg,

You can add me to the list, if your starting one. :msp_thumbup: Unless something drastic comes along and I can't make it. You would probably get more response over on the chainsaw forum. But thats up to you Jim. I can think of another member that must not be far from you, MS460Woodchuck is over by Van Wert I believe.

:cheers:
Gregg,

Many thanks Gregg! I had the thread moved and we'll give it another go. Van Wert is only 10 miles away. Post up if interested in this GTG.:chainsaw:

I'll be in the Chillicothe area around that time frame, visiting family & helping build a cabin. I'll have a few of my saws with me. Would enjoy meeting some of yall if I can make it.

Just saw this thread. June 8th works for me unless something comes up. Tentatively count me in.

I'll make sure to have plenty of cheese on hand :hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Put me on your list as I live along rt30 over in the center of the state

Count me in. Ive been counting the days til the Poulan GTG, this will be a great addition to the Ohio GTGs. Nice time of year too. I will either get the day off or take my work truck with me. The Ohio and Indiana guys are a good bunch, sounds like a real good time to me.

I'm also interested. I'm putting it on my calendar. Are well mannered leashed dogs welcome? I'd be just staying the day.

I was hoping to report that the big log was now at my place, but due to prolific amounts of rain that will have to hold off a few more days. My friend that will help me get it on the trailer can help Sunday, if it doesn't rain any more. Here is a pic of the 5 ash logs I already have.

5ashlogs_zps798f930b.jpg

Back