wet 026 lives. so now my 361 is dying?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This thread has to be somekind of joke. I thought the pistons for the 361 were forged from the hammer of Thor himself, and that the cylinders are coated with alloys handed down from Zeus on Mt Olympus...

Sorry to hear about your saw man

Last edited:
This thread has to be somekind of joke. I thought the pistons for the 361 were forged from the hammer of Thor himself, and that the cylinders are coated with alloys handed down from Zues on Mt Olympus...

Sorry to hear about your saw man

And the first stone is thrown.:dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:

Here we go. The once infallible MS361 is going to get shreaded by the Husky sharks.:cry:

Sure, I just hate the MS361, except it is my favourite, among the other Huskys......:greenchainsaw:

Actually, I believe the MS361 is the best chainsaw construction ever concieved - the runner-ups I can think of all are Huskys + the Dolmar 7900 and 5100.......

Last edited:
i am very sorry to be the one to shake the crown from the king.

in all fairness it could be my fault.
but in reality lakeside said it was an unusual pattern that he had not seen before. i'll go with lakeside. if he ain't seen it, it's rare. if it is that rare, then the chances are good that it is a fluke defect and not one of the common user mistakes that kill saws.

i'll keep repeating: 'it's not my fault, it's not my fault'

Hey volks (from another thread) get the 310 and forget it:greenchainsaw: Not to razz ya to much about a sick child but the 310 has made it through 5 gal. so far.

Sorry to hear about your saw. Now that said, these smooth clean XX1 series saws are too leaned out and are gona have these problems from time to time. You will not see them last like the 036 and 044. Sometimes newer is not better.

Hey volks (from another thread) get the 310 and forget it:greenchainsaw: Not to razz ya to much about a sick child but the 310 has made it through 5 gal. so far.

i have a brother-in-law with a 390 (same family saw). he told me he had this big expensive saw. when he told me 390 i simply smirked and said mines better.:dizzy:
hhmmmmmm.
well you never know. could be some husky fan read my sig and sabotaged my ms361. might just be my terrible saw curse. i'm not going to fight it. i'm resigned to my fate. no more bragging about the miracle saw......

till it's fixed!

Karma.... it just decided to end it after reading your signature.

I always cuss at my saws: they wouldn't dare busts a cylinder... they live in hope of me being nice to them:greenchainsaw:

Karma.... it just decided to end it after reading your signature.

I always cuss at my saws: they wouldn't dare busts a cylinder... they live in hope of me being nice to them:greenchainsaw:

i have a sneaky suspicion that if i changed my sig to 'my echo 440', the echo would not have decided to end it.
you would think stihl saws could take more than echos.

wait, am i bashing my own saw?

i have a brother-in-law with a 390 (same family saw). he told me he had this big expensive saw. when he told me 390 i simply smirked and said mines better.:dizzy:
hhmmmmmm.
well you never know. could be some husky fan read my sig and sabotaged my ms361. might just be my terrible saw curse. i'm not going to fight it. i'm resigned to my fate. no more bragging about the miracle saw......

till it's fixed!

I tell you what I'll offer to you, seeing how your down on your luck with this time bomb of a saw. I will package up a saw that is about 7 months old and ship it to you in return for that sick POS in your possession. You'll have a saw that runs and my cheap as$ will finally have a 361. Thats what I have to offer if you respond NOW:cheers:

I tell you what I'll offer to you, seeing how your down on your luck with this time bomb of a saw. I will package up a saw that is about 7 months old and ship it to you in return for that sick POS in your possession. You'll have a saw that runs and my cheap as$ will finally have a 361. Thats what I have to offer if you respond NOW:cheers:

oh crapola!!! your offer was late last night and i didn't see it till 9 this morning. guess i missed out.

better pics.

cave drawings? anyone ever seen this 'pattern'?

i think this is going to be fixed. but it would be nice to know what the cause was. maybe we can save someone else some trouble.
one thing stands out is the dot above the scratching. did metal flake off the dot area and then scratch the wall repeatedly?
don't let the lighting fool you. the only damage is the 'osciliscope' looking marking running across the intake side and the dot.
RICHAPP015.jpg

RICHAPP014.jpg

RICHAPP010.jpg

RICHAPP009.jpg

RICHAPP006.jpg

There's more than the band. I can see vertical lines that should not be there. 361 cylidners from the factroy have a very fine crosshatch, and become very polished.

Back