whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It just goes to show that somebody will say just about anything....yesterday playing on the talk show circuit on the radio somebody said "contrary to common consensus trees actually INCREASE global warming. Their dark green leaves capture heat and retain it."

Didn't hear if it was backed with any data but likely doesn't need to be when it comes to talk shows. They live on controversy.

ps. nice job saving that POS

tried to rep ya....n gd

While no climbing was involved, I did have a challenging day. Ground 2 stumps at this house, and afterwards did 5 stumps at 2 other houses.

The machine had to be able to go down about 30 - 40 steps (I took the first 2 pics from about 1/3 of the way down) once down to where the stumps were, I got the job done without any trouble. However getting the machine out was a real chore. In the end, I drove it into the lake, and about 1000' on the frozen ice, to where the community has a boat launch. When I was on the ice, the machine did put a tire through, but it was because I was too close to shore. Luckily I was able to get unstuck and continue without any further troubles.

While no climbing was involved, I did have a challenging day. Ground 2 stumps at this house, and afterwards did 5 stumps at 2 other houses.

The machine had to be able to go down about 30 - 40 steps (I took the first 2 pics from about 1/3 of the way down) once down to where the stumps were, I got the job done without any trouble. However getting the machine out was a real chore. In the end, I drove it into the lake, and about 1000' on the frozen ice, to where the community has a boat launch. When I was on the ice, the machine did put a tire through, but it was because I was too close to shore. Luckily I was able to get unstuck and continue without any further troubles.

neat job...that should bring way higher bucks than ave. grinding per inch dollars?

how bout some picts JPS. Aren't people second guessing spending on the ash out there yet? (other than removals)

Not yet, though the treatment industry is ramping up nicely. There are only a few pockets where it has been found just now.

It is the third most common landscape material and we have areas where it is like a pioneer species, especially in the buckthorn thickets.

Not yet, though the treatment industry is ramping up nicely. There are only a few pockets where it has been found just now.

It is the third most common landscape material and we have areas where it is like a pioneer species, especially in the buckthorn thickets.

Are cities and towns treating? Using Injections, drenches, etc?

We use a Bandit HB20 and love how it gets in to small places. Just a thought but handle bar machines climb much better backwards than forwards. You knew that already right?

Here is one of the Maples we took down yesterday....sorry about the pic quality....I was hoping to have an extra hand but had a no show....so I took a few pics.....lots of roping yesterday

Milwaukee and a few of the burbs are using Arborjet. My adoptive hometown of Franklin is still dithering due to a lack of funds for anything.

Man, that'd be one fat job to do Milwaukee with the Arborjet. Wonder if anyone supervises to see if the chem is actually taken in?

My town 3 years ago decided to do a couple of years of soil drench which they surmised would give them the time to remove the trees. They cannot comprehend the fact that most trees will take 2 to 5 years to die when infestation hits and it is not even in our town yet. They (council) voted to ignore the vote of the Forestry Board to not treat and spend on replacements.

Well, here in the upcoming third year they again ignored the board, said they no longer intend to remove ANY ash and they are taking the treatments from $2500. to $25000 per year for the next 3 years. And to make it even more inadvisable, they are doing a soil drench with Imidacloprid.

No other towns around are treating and one of the Council members is the city manager of the next city over which is upper middle class income and his town is doing no treatments while he votes to treat our town. Go figure.

Anyone else out there having EAB dilemmas in their vicinity?

Back