whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Helped put a replacement hose in the delimber and skid logs. Just waiting on the buncher to get back on the landing so we can head home and a few hrs of processing firewood.

The doctor has a boat! Call me next time a booze cruise happens.

Its would be one sad cruise let me tell you! Basically it would be a bunch of drunk people slipping on the coon crap on the poop deck then falling over the railing onto the hard ground. Nah, I'll stay on shore.

Me thinks the Dan hath swallowed the bait. Sure you feel useful, sure that old horse wading in its own crap needs a roof over its head,, sure the animals are nice and sure everyone seems so happy to have a man like you around (even if a bit strange)..... and sure the daughter is young and hot. Doesn't the Dan see it?? Horse people are evil, man, run while you still can!!!

Now you got PD in here telling about horses!

I can see a whole new gymkhana event evolving from this... racing around a tennis court on quarterhorses, jumping barrel stoves and boats, dodging vines and major appliances, trying not to crash into the trailer full of hillbillies... patches of knee-deep horseshit and coonpoop everywhere, to add to the excitement. Just might replace NASCAR as the sporting event of choice amongst hillbillies, goatropers and pigfarmers everywhere.

So both my old 200's were out of commission this week, and my (new this spring) 201tcm were all down this week, forcing me to actually run the brand new t540 that's been sitting on my bench (mostly) unused for something like five years now. And now I realize the full extent of why I could never even use that thing long enough to even really break it in. Omg,, just, omg..:dizzy:

So Friday I picked up my fixed tcm (fuel solenoid, I think it was?) and bought another brand new tcm as a backup. While I'm not in love with these saws, I will never,, never be forced to run that evil, gay little husky again!!!! (I think I actually thought about using it to scratch my back for a second up there, that's how harmless it felt in the tree).

Anyway, I guess I might give up on the old 200's entirely soon... not quite yet though, I just can't bring myself to do it.
Give up on a 200t. It's winter. Get new bearings, seals, intake boot, fuel and oil lines, and a set of rings. If the Slug n jug are in good condition then those **** rippin saws are worth the investment.

Reckon it was somewhere around 8-10 minutes a slice. Logs were sugar maple 9-1/2' long. Didn't measure dia, but saw has 47"bar. Stihl ripping chain.

Tweaked my knee early yesterday deadwooding a spruce then drove around shifting equipment from one side of town to the other. Had yet another detour which made getting to my road longer. Just small wore out country roads, some not improved. That just lasted one day, it was a telephone pole installation. I am working right up the road from the farm now but have to go around for 20 minutes to get there.

Knee still hurt like hell today, I went up three smaller trees for more deadwood a few houses up from mine then went to the job out by my farm and we managed to drop a decent portion of work down on that, hope to finish up tomorrow and be ready to go shopping for the holidays.

I am just going up to the Army Navy store in Pottstown and get everybody ammo boxes and some grenades. Me and my kid went shopping last night, it was very nice. I stopped and got new snow boots which I love for climbing. Even in the summer though when I get down I take them off pretty ****ing quick. They were great for the rope climbing and little bit of spiking I did today. A decent 100 boot is what I like, just for climbing, don't really like nuttin else. A real tune up in the footing department though I had to go slow cause my knee but we put in our 6 hours of this godforsaken hobby today and it was a beautiful day.

I had gotten a set of ASolo hikers, man, they hurt like hell. Built tough as nail though. I can do some light rope climbing in those but can't walk in them cause its like walking on bricks. I use 40 dollar Payless hiker jawns on the ground if you wanted to know.

Getting ready to paint my kid's room with her over the holiday soes happy holidays to you all.

Went to the company Christmas party tonight. All was well till the two years of ashplundth experience starts telling everyone at my table that I make what I make because I fly the 75 footer. I guess he's gonna take my truck to the 120' white oak over the primaries tomorrow. ***** is gonna learn why I am the man and he's a *****

Back