whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have one of those for my mini. Love it, sturdy and rugged. Never had a problem other than self inflicted. Didn't lock the mounting pins and the unit fell off the mounting plate. I guess the hydraulic fittings weren't meant to hold that much weight. Oops.

This is for an ASV RT-30 I'll post a pic, supposed to get it in this week.

Jeez! The guys at the Hot Shot Forum jess tell you how to do their jobs. Not like here where you have to know which end of the saw to use before you get laughed at.

They would certainly laugh at me if they found out I was planning to haul loads with a 2500 gas motor!

I think as soon as the kid comes back from wherever he is and puts the heads back on the Power Wagon I am gonna trade it for a hauler truck.

I will run with the Power Wagon at first though. I plan to start with lighter loads but the truck is easily overloaded with a big trailer and you need a big trailer.

And a LOT of REALLY expensive INSURANCE.

I almost think I should stay in Treework but move to some other sort of position but I really don't think I would want to. Besides, who would hire me?

And who would I want to hire me?

Over the years I have looked into other positions in this field and not much seemed like direction I wanted to go.

So I am gonna get a Hot Shot truck and whore myself out to drive around the country sides.

Converting a CHIPPAH into a trailer sounds like a fun challenge. I like trailers!

Ha!

Don't matter if yur gadabout's an ugly beater, if yu cain't deliver?

Stay outta the fray Doc!

I spent an hour with my good buddy Marvin today!

A fantastic friend, but a pain in the neck!

I hope your helicoils hold!

Jomoco

Ha!

Don't matter if yur gadabout's an ugly beater, if yu cain't deliver?

Stay outta the fray Doc!

I spent an hour with my good buddy Marvin today!

A fantastic friend, but a pain in the neck!

I hope your helicoils hold!

Jomoco

Its not that its ugly, its just got no balls cause its gas and only a 2500.

And now there is a chance the exhaust manifolds will just blow right the hell off cause of the helicoils!

I wish you didn't say that.

I went to the shop last Thursday to grab the Bobcat key out of the truck and the kid had the one head and plastic intake manifold on the floor in the footpath.

I went back on Monday to grab a trailer connector and the head they sent to the machine shop ( a dude who works at Napa and does machine work on the side) was left sitting on a tire looking filthy and not even some kind of container.

The rocker arm assemblies where laid out on the tail gate which was full of wood chips and other debris.

I figure that these are delicate parts, I wouldn't put a head on a floor for days on end or let one travel without a suitable container just as I wouldn't climb with one tie in or **** 20 dollar whores.

I didn't look at the machine bolt holes cause everything was such a mess just laying around on the floor.

What kind of ****** puts cylinder heads on the floor?

I called the manager and tried my best to communicate my concern but he just gave me a bunch of lines trying to placate me.

I did my best to thank him for all his hard work and not beat his head in while screaming, " GET MY CYLINDER HEADS OFF YER ****ING FLOOR *******"

Turns out that I used to work "around" one of the service writers at this dealership. It was 20 or so years ago and at Ford, now he is at Dodge kissing the same ass and twice as fat.

I think about these things and maybe I shouldn't be trying to drive an Motor Carrier around.

I like the idea, same as I like the idea of climbing trees but when you have to listen to the BS it will kill you.

I have been going over scenarios in my head:

Shipper: It only weighs 25000!

Hauler: No problem, just sign this affidavit...

Shipper: You're crazy and need a mental health professional because you don't believe me!

Wait a minute, Doc... the guy speaks the gospel truth and you're complaining?

Not so. I try to take jokes like that with a grain of salt. I know I am pretty ****ed up BUT also know that everything else is also.

Anyway:

I wonder if Murphy is down there grinding stumps. What a mess that sounds like.
The only reason he would go down there is because he is crazy... like everything else.

Anyway:

If anybody wants any meth or anything just go down to Colorado Springs and see Bob. He is wearing a polka dot dress and is drunk, stoned and armed to the teeth. Good deal on meth though.

View attachment 602788 View attachment 602789 Fun tree today for a change. Had my favorite old 372, razor sharp, weather was strange and a little windy with whatever storm was off in the distance. Just an all around cool day to make some nice cuts.

I've tried a 372 just as I have tried guys in polka dot dresses. I have to say that little saw does cut like a mofo and weighs less than Bob.

After seeing that dude in the polka dot dress, well, uh, um, it will NEVER go away. I have to keep bringing it up, its quite appalling I understand. Once I realized that the person wearing that polka dot dress was a man I didn't want to have sex with it. I just want to express that here and now but if the ****** offered a couple bucks things might have been different.

Anyway:

I have trying to sleep like Morticia Adams. Usually I wind up curled up with 16 pillows, a migraine and tingling sensations in adverse parts of my body... kinda like when I was hanging out with Bob.

To sleep prone, on the back, straight, spread out, arms at my side; I have been striving.

I have been working to do this as of late and it really has made a noticeable difference and not only with Bob.

I really want to curl up in odd positions but fight to lay on my back and let my everything relax in prone. I did it from 3am to 11am today and felt a lot looser... in the neck and shoulders.

I think Michael Jackson was onto to something with his sleep chamber.

I used to try and prop myself into comfortable positions when I was married but she cried sexual assault.

I dream differently sleeping in this position. I keep having to remind myself not to move. Its not a deep sleep but it is more of a physical relaxant.

Does anybody know what I am talking about or I am crazy or yer stupid?

Well, so far the kid didn't bolt the dipstick tube back on and just left it flopping around. So now I get to sit up here at this Dodge dealer while they attempt to rig it cause it bolts to a stud on the exhaust manifold and they didn't get the kid a stud to do that with.

Did that make sense?

I dunno either.

3010d5af427a5409933e2a7d1a1be100.jpg

Got to remove a smallish sycamore and low and behold the water shut off valve was abutting the trunk. Had to grind around with the help of my spotter.

At least the tree didn't completely engulf it. Thank the lord those are just risers. The gas and water company are usually understanding when I grind one off. Most of the time it's gas but I'm working for them so they can turn someone's gas off.

Back