whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
684675fcb635248f3697a3602fed8062.jpg

Filled up the trailer with stump grindings and the battery died while letting it down. Thought it was gravity down. Oh well. Guess I gotta rub one out dreaming of MDS’s new truck.

How do you luck out with the battery dying with it coming down? Mine always dies going up, which is good I suppose, then I get more exercise pitchforking the load off.

How do you luck out with the battery dying with it coming down? Mine always dies going up, which is good I suppose, then I get more exercise pitchforking the load off.

I waited a minute and tried it again and miraculously it had just enough juice to move that solenoid so I could let it down. I was befuddled for a bit.

I like the newer equipment that I do have. Even just coming back a half hour from that climbing gig I've been picking away at in the new chip truck. What a nice thing to get into the ram with the Cummins/aissin combo. Things like nascar in a chip truck (not to mention power everything) and the heat will melt your face off. To me, working with the newer stuff is just another part of the journey through my tree "career" (for lack of a better word). I like it. Shiny new equipment keeps it fresh.

Had to take the cab over to the dealer yesterday afternoon due to it “telling” me to do so. Today we got snow so I took my loader off the trailer to plow and it wouldn’t move the second it came the ramps. So after two hours of trying to hoist it onto the trailer i caller a wrecker.

At least the cabover is under warranty.

What a beautiful day!,
Dang 82 degrees and calm,
I put one of my crews on a eucalyptus removal, the HOA wanted it done right away because of our weather conditions,
Only 3 company's bid this job, we were one, the other two said that it could not be done done without a crane, too dangerous to climb,
So, we got it and had it down in one day and the HOA took picks during the job and I think she sent them to the other two company's that need a crane,
It was a beautiful day and no drama, just a dead euc,,
Jeff :)
IMG_0552.jpg
IMG_0548.jpg

What a beautiful day!,
Dang 82 degrees and calm,
I put one of my crews on a eucalyptus removal, the HOA wanted it done right away because of our weather conditions,
Only 3 company's bid this job, we were one, the other two said that it could not be done done without a crane, too dangerous to climb,
So, we got it and had it down in one day and the HOA took picks during the job and I think she sent them to the other two company's that need a crane,
It was a beautiful day and no drama, just a dead euc,,
Jeff :)
View attachment 618748
View attachment 618747
IMG_0553.jpg IMG_0554.jpg IMG_0554.jpg IMG_0555.jpg

I've never dealt with euc's but from what I've seen they are some tough bastids even when long dead. Plenty stable to rig from. Tell the guys nice job Jeff.
And it was a beautiful day.
My day went great. Finished off an 8 day job for some wealthy person that really cares about his grass and surrounding woods. Had a 80 ' poplar with an old wound that hollowed out at 10' up and a dead ash that was approaching 100'. Easy peasy. Went up remotely tied in on the poplar and made a few cuts rigging it down to a spar and same on the ash. Only bad thing was it was 7*F when I saddled up this morning and the mini didn't want to wake up very nicely.

image.jpeg Back at this place today for more winter games, tree style. This tall skinny ash got short real quick. Shot a line like 75 - 80' up in it and dragged myself, a saw and two ropes (plus wraptor line and climb line) up through a forsythia bush and a mid sized spruce and topped it in one cut. Rigged a couple logs after that and then chunked it down with a 372. This place has been a pretty cool job aside from the weather. We did a good sized maple here at another area too. All climbing.

I love how some people seem think I don't climb anymore just because I have a bucket truck (or two), makes me laugh. One does not simply forget how to be bad ass. lol,, just saying.

Back