whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_3373.JPG IMG_0982.jpeg IMG_3716.JPG IMG_3729.JPG Haven't been on for a while. Still slaying trees. Upgraded a lot of equipment, but not MDS style. Bought a newer dump truck, chipper winch, helmets with sena communication systems, BMG rake and a newer mini skid with BMG off AS member gracetree. Had a wicked storm roll through in November. It's been a good year overall!

Yes sir it is! 20*F and a white Christmas. It was 50*F and rain on Friday. Not a good start to the holiday though. My wife woke up early to let the dog out and make the coffee pot while my 8 & 5 year old daughters arose. I’m not sure which one jumped on my bed and kneed me in the crotch, but that’s what woke me up for the day. It couldn’t go any way but better from that point. The girls have been in ridiculous speed all day while the boy ( who hung in longer than expected) has crashed for a nap. Heading over to my parents in a bit where utter chaos will resume. There will be 17 adults and a dozen kids ( all under 9 years old). Already checked to make sure my uncle was bringing a fifth of wild turkey. He owes me a few sips since I’m giving him a beautiful cherry burl.

I’m about wore out though. They keep packaging things more theft proof every year. In a few more years it’ll require cutting torches to get the toys out of the boxes!

image.jpeg White xmas, baby!!! Yes!!!

I really hope the next time I have to do snow removal at the shop it's a regular work day. This is twice in a row now by myself. I think last time was a Sunday. Grr. It's a whole day deal now ****ing with all this stuff!! Of course I wasn't prepared at all, still had the tractor on trailer (not hooked to a truck), chipper unhooked and outside. What a pita!!! At least it's done. Serious cold snap headed our way, so today was the day.

View attachment 620815 White xmas, baby!!! Yes!!!

I really hope the next time I have to do snow removal at the shop it's a regular work day. This is twice in a row now by myself. I think last time was a Sunday. Grr. It's a whole day deal now ****ing with all this stuff!! Of course I wasn't prepared at all, still had the tractor on trailer (not hooked to a truck), chipper unhooked and outside. What a pita!!! At least it's done. Serious cold snap headed our way, so today was the day.

Thanks to a heater in my wood shop I’ve on the wood lathe making spinning tops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spinning tops, eh? I dunno.... sounds like I might rather be out in the yard doing snow removal. Lol.

I don't tend to spend as much time by the shop fire anymore since I've cleansed myself of evil spirits. It's still nice to stop by and warm up from time to time, though.

Next year I'm gonna get a huge one with a killer burn time, that way it should heat mostly right through the night.
image.jpeg

In my mind a job is worth what it’s worth. If it needed a crane then it’s worth more. Apparently it didn’t so it’s worth x amount. Every time I’ve done crane work it’s been triple income for the day for the company after paying for the crane. Cranes are money makers. I might be a bit biased because I still climb the jobs other companies in my area cry crane for. It’s kind of a bragging thing I guess, but I was a three strand taughtline, mitts and Merrill chipper taught kinda guy.
And I’ll apologize now if this sounds a bit assholish. I’ve been hanging out with my friends that ( because of work,families, and location) I only see a few times a year. So yes I’m a bit intoxicated.
It was a beautiful day:cheers::havingarest:

I’ll be 40 soon enough. I was taught on 3 strand and we used a M&M back then. It was the mid 90’s. I live in an area of Ohio that is about 20 years behind the rest of the world.

That makes sense. I was gonna say, I'll be 45 next month, been doing tree work since about 15, and never saw anyone climb on a three strand. I was thinking you were like 55 all the sudden. Lol.

Let me guess, Shaw Tree,, orange trucks??:laugh:

That makes sense. I was gonna say, I'll be 45 next month, been doing tree work since about 15, and never saw anyone climb on a three strand. I was thinking you were like 55 all the sudden. Lol.

Let me guess, Shaw Tree,, orange trucks??:laugh:

I do miss Treevet. I was hoping he’d come back and call everyone a fag and peace out.

Latest posts

Back