whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My old chipper is still all I really need. I just needed another chipper for various reasons, so I figured why not get something that gives me an additional capability (19 - 20” wood), as opposed to just another 250, etc. The cost of dumping wood at the one place I have locally doubled its rates from $10 a yard to $20 at the end of last season too, so that was part of justifying it in my mind.

But what about all that firewood money you’ll be throwing away chipping that wood?!?!

I just checked out the specs on that bandit chipper. That thing is huge. Big wood eater. With the larger chippers, are the winches more powerful?

I think it’s the same as you would find on any new 18 or 15xp. Bandit has redesigned their winches with additional safety features which are both good, and bad at the same time. The line has to be “docked” while chipping, but there’s an override so you can get the piece started. Hard to explain. The positives are (hopefully) no more line chipping and they are gear driven and rated for something like twice what the old style were. Now they’re like 5k lbs or more.

But yeah, it’s a beast. I’ve got it configured with the tongue a foot longer and a manual chute, so I can put it backwards to tow behind the new bucket. I did spring for the hydraulic jack to help with all that.

I been tending a bonfire cleaning up all my knots and some logs that been rotting on the farm. I have a good tree as soon as it drys out 110 foot pine maybe I'll remember my camera.

Killing these Norway maples!

5a5fb47a9839e64f2fc4721b9964528b.jpg
5de43922dba7ee376675692744913ae0.jpg
3c04a0f587a607aaee57a6277db0eb6b.jpg
a9a4c35379aeccb757846235edc740bd.jpg

tree pruning with a difference had to scope out and then clear a line of sight microwave link... 1st had to locate the trees in way & then nego with land owner to allow us to nibble a bit off the tops.. As well told 2 different OHS tales on if the micro wave is/is not harmful to my bucket operators to be told its harmless if you pass thought the beam...
Sorted it & job went well doubled the reception signal and no one got cooked cus i just turned it off by pulling the plug
thumbnail_IMGP7847.jpg

Yea, this nor’easter kicked lil rhody’s butt. Trees down everywhere. I got a crane guy who’s giving me a couple hours here, an hour there, etc. I just get the job prepped and have him come in for the pick. Making money [emoji384]!

I will shut up until you guys clean up....I was gonna talk about the transition, but it can wait, :cool:
Jeff
I hope your transition is going well, not really sure I can picture you as a woman tho, if it's what you want I wish you the best.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back