whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Three states away, some guy is standing in his yard saying, "Ok, who farted?" and he'll never know it was you. :innocent:
Haha, typically job like that take me 5 hours except no access back yard 100 yard wheel borrow and the wind sorta spooks you on a dead pine lol. I have done thousands in wind but it always slows you down a bit!

I only had to climb one completely dead tree, last year... a 14" DBH pine that died of the blight about 3 or 4 years earlier. Cut lower branches off on the way up, topped about 25' of it off, and came back down. When I went to fell the spar, it snapped only a couple of inches into the backcut. That thing was so decayed, I could tear the stump apart with my bare hands. It was mushy and soft as mashed potatoes. I have no idea how it held my weight, let alone the shock forces when I topped it.

No wind, that day... luckily. Might have ended with me on the ground instead of the tree! I was tied off in the tree next to it, but I still would have taken a big swing if it all went south.
The woodpeckers loved me, though. They flew in for the feast from 3 counties away, I think. Thing was full of bark beetles and larvae.

We in California have strict laws, I had to stop a tree prune because of an owl, probably would of had to stop it if it was a pigeon,
my climber did not see the nest until the cut he made exposed the nest, one chick had just hatched and the other was poking it's way out,
View attachment 639877 View attachment 639877
Lol yes good thing not raptor or eagle. I have to look for them in the active nesting season out there and report it on the prescription and even go as far to glass the nest to determine if they are indeed using the nest. California has a diverse and unique Eco-system, rope is a team player out there and protecting the environment as well as safety is numeral uno. I'm heading back there for the third time near the end of month!

Who’s trailer did you borrow?

I did a short course at one of the “schools”. I learned to drive a tractor trailer with a ten speed non synchro. I tested with that. Perhaps a little overkill for towing a chipper, but The MDS is okay with having too much license at this point. Nice to have no restrictions to ever have to consider after all that. Aside from tandem trailers and hazmat, that is.

I did a short course at one of the “schools”. I learned to drive a tractor trailer with a ten speed non synchro. I tested with that. Perhaps a little overkill for towing a chipper, but The MDS is okay with having too much license at this point. Nice to have no restrictions to ever have to consider after all that. Aside from tandem trailers and hazmat, that is.

RI has a little known loophole where if you get your class b you can take the test for your class a in a car carrier on a one ton gooseneck.
Doing the road test in a straight truck with a big trailers would be a pain in the balls.

In Illinois as long as your trailer is over 10k it puts it in class A territory, you could pull it with a prius... there is no gross combined stuff
if you are working for a biz and pull a 10,001 pound trailer that's class A

26,001 gvw and over is class B you are allowed a 10,000 pound trailer

10 speeds are easy I never touch the clutch once I'm rolling in 1st it's always funny when I got a newb riding with me whos learning to drive a 6speed. OMG you arnt using the clutch how is that possible dude you are gonna destroy the trans omg dude how are you not grinding gears omg I don't get it.... :confused:

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back