whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In Illinois as long as your trailer is over 10k it puts it in class A territory, you could pull it with a prius... there is no gross combined stuff
if you are working for a biz and pull a 10,001 pound trailer that's class A

26,001 gvw and over is class B you are allowed a 10,000 pound trailer

10 speeds are easy I never touch the clutch once I'm rolling in 1st it's always funny when I got a newb riding with me whos learning to drive a 6speed. OMG you arnt using the clutch how is that possible dude you are gonna destroy the trans omg dude how are you not grinding gears omg I don't get it.... :confused:

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Hahaha thats nothing like the look you get saying move the truck up to a newbie in my old twin stick mack I used to own, lol they see 2 shifters and look back at you with wtf eyes :p

I got a call from a repeat customer who took my estimate to clean up a gaggle of blown over trees from the nor’easter. He had his friend clean up the easy ones and now want me to come back and give another price for the hard stuff. Something tells me he took my quote to his insurance, got paid, and now wants to renegotiate the work. Not worth my time. Eff him.

But i did see this hot mess next door to where I was working Monday. Had to take a pic. Three garbage cables, one that failed, house right under it to the right.
89b7c43227c09b9e6614004c5e182002.jpg

I got a call from a repeat customer who took my estimate to clean up a gaggle of blown over trees from the nor’easter. He had his friend clean up the easy ones and now want me to come back and give another price for the hard stuff. Something tells me he took my quote to his insurance, got paid, and now wants to renegotiate the work. Not worth my time. Eff him.

But i did see this hot mess next door to where I was working Monday. Had to take a pic. Three garbage cables, one that failed, house right under it to the right.
89b7c43227c09b9e6614004c5e182002.jpg
Yikes you quote removal ?

Yesterday we removed a 36” red oak in an older lady’s front yard. Ground the stump, nothing technical so no pics warranted. We were packing up around noon and the woman comes out and tells me her husband was killed removing a branch on that tree three years prior while working on a ladder. Yikes, I gave my condolences.

So how do two guys drive four trucks?

It’s nice if it’s a multiple day job and I can leave the bucket there the first day, commute with the chip truck and bring the tractor and international the second day. Then I just need a ride back to get the bucket at the end. Not so bad that way. You asked. Lol.:laugh:

I hope you were leaving the wood for scroungers on that jobsite.

Lol. Yep. That was the best part. The neighbor who was paying half wanted everything in his yard, no cutting. He has a saw with an 18” bar :))). I did warn him it wasn’t gonna be a picnic. But yeah, we just dufted it over the line with the grapple (where the joint compound bucket is covering pin) like you see, and done. Wood stays!!:laugh:

Lol. Yep. That was the best part. The neighbor who was paying half wanted everything in his yard, no cutting. He has a saw with an 18” bar :))). I did warn him it wasn’t gonna be a picnic. But yeah, we just dufted it over the line with the grapple (where the joint compound bucket is covering pin) like you see, and done. Wood stays!!:laugh:

Those are the best. The person keeping the wood thinks they are getting the lion’s share of the deal and we can get to doing tree work and make money. I can’t stand firewood.

Latest posts

Back