whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Me likey the timber hitch too. How come we running a porty AND the GRCS or whatever it is called?

Porty for butt line. Was still on from the limb wood.
You know I really like my porty but I just can't see the need for the grcs or justify the cost. It looks like its cumbersome to wag around and set up. I mean its nice but not on my need to have list idk maybe I see it wrong. I likey timber cow too lol

It is bulky and a pita to set up. I don’t use it for every tree, but a lot of them. It’s not perfect either, but when it shines, it shines. You can pick a tree apart pretty gracefully with it after you really get the hang of it. Makes it hard to not have it down there on the trees we don’t use it on.

Like I said, it’s not perfect, and maybe even a little bit dangerous (at times), but I bought mine for $600 off a friend, and would probably ***** so much if something ever happened to it that I’d figure out where to get the $’s for a new one.

It is bulky and a pita to set up. I don’t use it for every tree, but a lot of them. It’s not perfect either, but when it shines, it shines. You can pick a tree apart pretty gracefully with it after you really get the hang of it. Makes it hard to not have it down there on the trees we don’t use it on.

Like I said, it’s not perfect, and maybe even a little bit dangerous (at times), but I bought mine for $600 off a friend, and would probably ***** so much if something ever happened to it that I’d figure out where to get the $’s for a new one.

600 is a steal. I’ve never seen one for less than 1500 used.

I dropped over 2k into my small bucket and close to 3k into my crane and now the cylinder is leaking in my 75' bucket....fkn killing me. That's gotta be at least a $1500. rebuild. I worked my ass off in the cold this winter and wonder if the **** should just stay in the lot so the hydraulics aren't so stressed. Yesterday the azaleas at my house bloomed and had to take a few picts as I just had the ole girl (1935 circa) get a new coat of paint slapped on her. Got 2 picts. when posted 1. Hey the guy that flipped out on the job 2 days ago for absolutely no reason....called yesterday begging for his job back. You know if it was just a disagreement, sure, but he ran all over the job screaming ****, threatened my other employee and threatened to "do something" back at the lot. Hard to let all that **** go like it is ok and would never happen again....bye bye

KIMG0064 (1).JPG KIMG0064 (1).JPG KIMG0070.JPG

PS....If I could get a GCRS for 600 bucks I'd jump on it right now. But to drop what $2k on one that is mostly a garage spider egg breeding ground....

When I went to pick up my bucket the mechanic told me when they called altec about sending the wrong cylinder they sent a truck out in two days to pick it up. The only thing was they didn’t bring a correct cylinder with that truck. Makes total sense right? Drive halfway across the country with an empty truck. Then then said altec claimed there was no way to next day air it. Total BS.

It’s great I’m now able to actually schedule work days ahead of time without all this ad hoc crap.

One of my guys can’t lift anything for a few days since he punctured his stomach lining with a chicken bone. Too much.

I dropped over 2k into my small bucket and close to 3k into my crane and now the cylinder is leaking in my 75' bucket....fkn killing me. That's gotta be at least a $1500. rebuild. I worked my ass off in the cold this winter and wonder if the **** should just stay in the lot so the hydraulics aren't so stressed. Yesterday the azaleas at my house bloomed and had to take a few picts as I just had the ole girl (1935 circa) get a new coat of paint slapped on her. Got 2 picts. when posted 1. Hey the guy that flipped out on the job 2 days ago for absolutely no reason....called yesterday begging for his job back. You know if it was just a disagreement, sure, but he ran all over the job screaming ****, threatened my other employee and threatened to "do something" back at the lot. Hard to let all that **** go like it is ok and would never happen again....bye bye

View attachment 651257 View attachment 651257 View attachment 651260

Nice,, you should open a Bed and Breakfast.. I would go
Jeff :confused:

When I went to pick up my bucket the mechanic told me when they called altec about sending the wrong cylinder they sent a truck out in two days to pick it up. The only thing was they didn’t bring a correct cylinder with that truck. Makes total sense right? Drive halfway across the country with an empty truck. Then then said altec claimed there was no way to next day air it. Total BS.

It’s great I’m now able to actually schedule work days ahead of time without all this ad hoc crap.

One of my guys can’t lift anything for a few days since he punctured his stomach lining with a chicken bone. Too much.

Are you talking about a bucket truck boom piston? If so why didn't you just have it rebuilt by a hydraulic shop.?

Man, you guys have gone like comatose over here....what awful sinister things happened to you all since your leader (me) left? Probably don't want to talk about it lol.

main-qimg-10a70572a001d006cf7e0ace7cae6110-c.jpg

Latest posts

Back