whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe I’ll pass out in the shop recliner with a grease gun dangling out of my hand later. Living the dream, baby!! Lol.:laugh:
Ha been there, heck I remember the days of climbing under my old chevelle back in the day dreaming what id do to her if money was no option. Id wake to pops saying suppers ready. I did manage to make that 69 chevy fly though :)

Have to take another truck out of service this week. Getting a myriad of codes from my dt466e. The new one is a low oil pressure alert that’s sending it into limp mode on hills. The dealership said I’d have to have it torn down to get to it so here we go.

Finally bought a really nice (well, kobalt) digital 1/2” drive torque wrench for doing chipper blades, etc. today. Should be nice to have around. I’m a little nervous about doing the new drum chipper. The knife bolts call for 180 lbs and I wanna make sure I get that right for obvious reasons. I’m kind of in love with that machine already.

I had a scored cylinder on my 02 dt466. I had to have an in chassis rebuild done on the lower end. That was a pricey/painful deal at the time.

Hope it turns out to be nothing too horrible.

I had a scored cylinder on my 02 dt466. I had to have an in chassis rebuild done on the lower end. That was a pricey/painful deal at the time.

Hope it turns out to be nothing too horrible.

I did that four years ago. The guy rebuilt the top end and said I didn’t need the bottom end touched. I hope he was right.

Finally bought a really nice (well, kobalt) digital 1/2” drive torque wrench for doing chipper blades, etc. today. Should be nice to have around. I’m a little nervous about doing the new drum chipper. The knife bolts call for 180 lbs and I wanna make sure I get that right for obvious reasons. I’m kind of in love with that machine already.

I bought a used snap on torque wrench for the chipper knives. Good investment.

Have to take another truck out of service this week. Getting a myriad of codes from my dt466e. The new one is a low oil pressure alert that’s sending it into limp mode on hills. The dealership said I’d have to have it torn down to get to it so here we go.
i would do a lot of checking of electrical and sending unit issues before i would get involved with a teardown. most computer and injection issues are electrical not mechanical. most dealers would rather sell a big job than do some basic diagnostics for a simple solution.

Back