whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We had the got to get a cdl discussion today. I'm the only one with a cdl. Our two under cdl trucks are broken down at the moment. One of my employees bent a wheel on my f550 and the clutch slave blew out on my fuso. So this morning I drove across town in our bucket truck to the job. Then, I got one of my guys to give me a ride back to our lot so I could drive our crane out to the job. I bet we spent an extra hour and a half today just running around due to no one else being able to drive.

Yeah I remember something about that when we bought a 20 ton trailer. Some goofy tax that added a bunch to the cost

But think about that. A 150k truck will have an additional 25k tax just because it’s over - weight. These guys building these $500,000 kboom trucks, holy **** that’s a lot of money to tax.

That’s a good question about whether it’s the c and c or finished build. I will find out but I know one is paid and every truck sold. Once and done.

Today: I was finally able to fire up my saw and cut a little bit of wood. Not a big deal, but, i just got through with kidney stone surgery, and was told to do nothing for 2wks, not even run the vacuum!! They put a stint in me, and i had it removed Wen. Man, what a difference that made in how i felt. Now i can get back in the groove and actually be able to do some thing. For the first time in a long time, i actually feel pretty good. The stone was over 1/2 '' long, and plugging up my urinary tract on my right side. I didn't have a clue what was going on, or how serious how it could have been. Finally, for the first time in a long time, i don't feel like i'd been drug though a knot hole backwards.

Me too. Still use the taughtline all the time although my go to the last 7 years or since it was invented is the ZZ. But secondary tie in is the tt. and I use it on the wraptor. I just bought a Ronin and it should come in a couple of weeks. Will use it on that too. I prefer rapelling on the TT more than any other means, but have to have the slack tending...spoiled by it.

Little story about my picture expose. I bid the job to a lady I have worked for before who just moved into that house and I worked there for prev owner. It is a joint used drive with the neighbors. I had maybe 2 inches both sides to get the crane in that spot you see in the pict then wiggle all around to set up and get out.

But the real story is she waits until after the neighbor poured that huge concrete slab to give me the job, and the neighbors really wanted it down as well. Go figure. Anyways it was the only humanly way possible to do this job. Driveway was way too steep and no spread access for main rigs to set up there and it would occupy the LZ. So into the new concrete slab I go. Do the whole job in 2 days, one full day stripping the canopy and dragging it up the hill driveway with the dingo into the BC 2000. Get everything done perfectly and as any crane guy would do...look around for any cracks on the new slab.

Well there it is. On the drivers main rigs (rear) in that far corner is a hairline crack in a semicircle. Oh fk I am thinking. I watch my goofball climber/groundie blow off the slab just to see if he notices. He is such a dumass that if he saw one he would scream at the top of his lungs "HEY DAVE!!!! YOU GOT A CRACK IN THIS CORNER!!!" He said nothing. Anyway when the paying homeowner next door gets home on Tues. night to pay the other half (she paid half when she went out of town yesterday) I am gonna have to wait til she says anything or the property owner with the slab says anything as her husband is out of town.

They both wanted the job done. They both had the chance to get the job done prior to pouring. They both ok'ed the crane set up there.....I cracked the concrete....prob. a $1k deductable.

Not being the nicest human being around as I am a tree guy that busts ass all day in bad weather I play scenario s out in my head and I figure that if when she gets back and I don't get paid either from contention by the ho or the slab owner....I will have to make a claim, keep the half down, and if she doesn't pay me the balance...I am saving the whole tree in a load in my 11' one ton dump, 2 loads already dumped in my lot, giant honkers on my 20' flatbed dump f800, and a whole 17' chipbox dump bed full of chips that I will dump in their driveway....as it is their tree and if they have not paid for its removal. At least I will dump it until or if the po po stops me.

Don't know if you guys know but the Ronin climbing machine, 2' per second I believe, is on sale now til Aug. 1st for $1250. and you can put $650 down and pay the bal when delivered in 3 or 4 weeks. Price goes up $300. then I believe. Compare that with the cost of a Wraptor (Ronin is power up and down) at $2600. or another electric climbing device at $8000. and it is a pretty good deal imo. https://changeyourelevation.com/ A production increaser without doubt.

I’m very interested in the Ronin. I will probably take the plunge soon. If it’s not midline attachable how do you take it off if you’re base-tied? Canopy tie in I guess you can just strap in and take it out of the end of your climbing line but I’m wondering if this gets in the way.

Back