whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thinking about a chainsaw tattoo. Drawing from inspirations such as...
c403560ce642485fea151bebc2ec11d8.jpg

Signed up but still need black gloss some places and starting on the 75' Teco and the big chipper. Running the one ton dump with the chuck/duck Mitts till done. Work will wait for a bit. We were looking pretty shabby this summer. New $75. air circ. sander is best I ever bought.

Nice to have somewhere to show em as they won't look good for long. I hate to even scrape the white boom up there now. Can't imagine having a bucket like yours Paul. Fkn beautiful.

KIMG0598.JPG KIMG0593.JPG KIMG0601.JPG

Looking good, hitoppa!!

And thanks for the compliment on Big Daddy. It’s a nice truck for sure. It sucks having to worry about all this stuff sometimes (scratches, etc), but on a good day, it really is pretty nice.

I’m afraid I may be getting kind of hooked on this equipment thing though. Oh, well. I guess there are worse things.

Really pretty happy with this machine at $1250 and their customer service and warranty. You should have seen the box it came in...incredible packaging. Doesn't bugger up the rope one bit either up or down. Nice not having to deal with starting and the noise. Makes life a tiny bit easier for an ole hitoppa kinda guy like meself.

KIMG0602.JPG KIMG0607.JPG e like on my Wraptor.

I got a new big shot. I got the trigger set up this time. Seems pretty sweet even though I’ve only used it a couple times.

I love my wraptor! I’m interested in the ronin for sure if it works out for you. Please keep me in the loop. Good stuff!!

Is the wraptor still available to buy? I heard Tanaka stopped making the engine it ran on so they might not make anymore.

Not sure, but I hope so!! Or at least that the ronin works out. It's good that something else is on the market finally. Once you have a tool like that in your arsenal for some years, it's kind of bleak to think of going without.

Is the wraptor still available to buy? I heard Tanaka stopped making the engine it ran on so they might not make anymore.

Yes he came up with a new engine source. But can't see why someone would pay twice the Ronin price for it. I just had my Wraptor gone over and a new spool put on last winter.

So I’ve been having bad dreams about these dead oaks I’ve been climbing. If I can’t get a bucket next to it then up I go. This one I looked at two weeks ago was hanging over the playground of a Montessori school I work for. I prioritized it since I didn’t want a branch falling on a kid. It went flawlessly.
b103d6965012fce3dde3e7e923b0c4c5.jpeg
9dc2be18fe9fcae4f3dc7f3da0df5afa.jpeg

Which Prussik is that?

What length?

Hrc. Not sure on the length, I’ll have to take a look at it tomorrow. I’m not a small gear nerd by any means, it’s just something I grabbed quick at the arb supply house. That and the tachyon. I like the setup pretty well, not that big a fan of the new smaller diameter ropes (hard to grip) , but I deal with it and it does work nice otherwise.

Hrc. Not sure on the length, I’ll have to take a look at it tomorrow. I’m not a small gear nerd by any means, it’s just something I grabbed quick at the arb supply house. That and the tachyon. I like the setup pretty well, not that big a fan of the new smaller diameter ropes (hard to grip) , but I deal with it and it does work nice otherwise.

Thank You

I got a new big shot. I got the trigger set up this time. Seems pretty sweet even though I’ve only used it a couple times.

I love my wraptor! I’m interested in the ronin for sure if it works out for you. Please keep me in the loop. Good stuff!!

What kinda and weight beanie you usin Paul?

Back