whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bought the shop stove I’ve been wanting the other day. My buddy installed this propane furnace for me a couple weeks back as well. I saved a ton on the furnace install so figured I’d go the rest of the way towards revamping the entire heating system. Stove actually stays lit all night if I feed it between 8:00 and 9:00 (like I wanted). Nice not having to start it all the time, not to mention the savings of having it going all night.

I paid off my credit cards and the ram the other day too. 2 1/2 years early on the ram. Not bad. I never managed to pay the tractor off yet, but that’s not much and it’s 0% interest anyway, so not a big deal. Guess I’m pretty much ready for winter.
1C0ADC1D-BF1C-41BC-A5FD-4B145B2CD8CC.jpeg
5619481E-E15E-477B-9C55-A748A947A7E6.jpeg

Got to this job I bid to get the bucket in to piece out a stone dead English oak and low and behold the ground was not going to have it. I fishtailed just in the first 20 feet. Looking at the path I needed to take I worried that even on mats I could slide sideways into the bushes and trees and get dangerously stuck. Ended up climbing another dead tree and getting around rigging by using a vertical speedline.
bedff2c536f69fad31df41e2912a57d5.jpg

This next job had so much dog poop we spent 10 minutes just raking the scat to the fence. Easy peasy, lower onto the arbor trolley and slip and slide on the dog poop pulling it out.
dfd8adb1738ef57da554c5b31489b6ad.jpg

6DBD1EB4-6226-40AC-A834-DA12F6E98670.jpeg View of today’s tree from yesterday’s climb. My one place with gypsy moth killed oaks. They’re all huge too, like 110’ range, some of them.

That’s the shed I took out last year or the year before (can’t even remember anymore). Lol. F’n shed. Funny thing though, I had one half of the roof fixed and a dead top fell out of another huge oak right behind it and a piece flew up and skewered its ass. So I got called back for a ton more work out of the deal. Guess that worked out.:laugh:

Attachments

• 1D847224-3E2F-4B52-BE41-103CF98B8D8B.jpeg
    1D847224-3E2F-4B52-BE41-103CF98B8D8B.jpeg
    4.8 MB · Views: 30
F3D90B9B-9834-44EF-9515-B9A97F117DAA.jpeg BD8499C3-B37A-4188-AE91-F979AA5C7AB5.jpeg16F115E3-A76E-43E4-BDBF-FF1E4BB00BE8.jpeg Cut some fat ash trees this fall. Just picked up a new trailer the other day. MaxxD is the brand; Nice quality for the price.

Bought a zigzag from tree stuff during their thanksgiving sale. I’m very happy with it so far. Super smooth, but it bites quick once you put some weight on it.

Upgraded from my existing 12v Lincoln grease gun today. Started out like anything: first I just wanted an extra battery for my old one, then that was almost half of a whole new one. Then I thought one for shop, one for trucks might be cool. So I thought about it for a while longer and picked this bad boy up with case and two batteries. Was $300. Supposedly on sale from $468 or something like that, but not sure I believe it. Whatever, the thing is pretty sick. Has an led headlight and two settings, etc. High speed is like a grease gun Uzi. Lol. I can’t wait to hit some equipment up with it tomorrow. Notice where it says it dispenses 14 cartridges per charge. I’m sure that’s a little inflated, but still!

I was actually a little down today, then pulled the trigger and heard the grease gun Uzi and had to smile. :surprised3:
View attachment 685721
View attachment 685722

I have the 12v one, battery was getting worn. Fine for a few fittings like the skid steer, but the logging equipment takes easily a tube each.

I picked up the Milwaukee unit for around $200. Works nice. 2nd gear is quick enough they have a dial that you can set how many pumps for each trigger pull.
I already have a bunch of the m18 tools and batteries, so nice to not have yet another charger and special batteries.

Latest posts

Back