whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's even more of a shame to watch said saw log go through our tub grinder mwahhahaha!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Yeah no kidding.

They hired an outfit to clear 40 acres next door to us to expand a gravel pit. No idea why they didnt come see us, would have done it for the wood even. Pit has been there since the 70s. Shop property was actually a small gravel pit and asphalt plant back then too.

Anyhow, they were feeding everything through a 70 gallon an hr 1200hp grinder. At the time diesel was almost $5/gallon, so ~$350/hr just in fuel.

They had such a hard on for that thing that they nearly were pulling logs off our log truck to feed it. Got permission to haul off what we wanted "make it quick".

They were about pulling logs off our truck as we loaded it. Some excuse about needing it done ASAP.
Well the huge piles of chips stayed there 2 years before they did anything.

Yeah no kidding.

They hired an outfit to clear 40 acres next door to us to expand a gravel pit. No idea why they didnt come see us, would have done it for the wood even. Pit has been there since the 70s. Shop property was actually a small gravel pit and asphalt plant back then too.

Anyhow, they were feeding everything through a 70 gallon an hr 1200hp grinder. At the time diesel was almost $5/gallon, so ~$350/hr just in fuel.

They had such a hard on for that thing that they nearly were pulling logs off our log truck to feed it. Got permission to haul off what we wanted "make it quick".

They were about pulling logs off our truck as we loaded it. Some excuse about needing it done ASAP.
Well the huge piles of chips stayed there 2 years before they did anything.
Well when a co brings in machinery to do a job the job has to be done b4 they haul it out of there. Cant take a chance on the volunteer help not doin what they say then have to truck equipment back in!

Well when a co brings in machinery to do a job the job has to be done b4 they haul it out of there. Cant take a chance on the volunteer help not doin what they say then have to truck equipment back in!

It stayed there almost 2 years. Ass backward outfits... both the clearing company and the gravel pit.

Last spring they decided to try and rip ground at -10* with the D10 for no real purpose. Was making stuff fall off shelves even.

Yup, destroyed the ripper.

It stayed there almost 2 years. Ass backward outfits... both the clearing company and the gravel pit.

Last spring they decided to try and rip ground at -10* with the D10 for no real purpose. Was making stuff fall off shelves even.

Yup, destroyed the ripper.
Clearing co may have been hired to cut and chip leaving chips on site. Around here clearing is a cut throat biz, time is money. The quarry isnt gonna pay if they left a load of random logs behind...

Just wanted to pop in and say Merry Christmas, may you all have a prosperous year in 2019.

Finished this place up in the rain. Not bad, out in five and a half (spread out) days. I had it figured for seven. This dude saved my ass. The Deere and the Giant did their part too. My tractor was literally done with that sloppy ass hill,, especially with the newest rain. I don’t think I could’ve made one more trip through that muck without dragging myself with the winch. Nice one to have in the rear view mirror.
C24DFDF6-9E8B-4A20-B935-0DF1397097D1.jpeg
AB184AA2-37C5-4B83-B5B5-CFE579DE6D5E.jpeg CF5A4D1F-58C4-4952-985D-C085CA1B2797.jpeg 8520160D-B568-487A-A20F-BB68C7E1DB93.jpeg 746A1A3D-FC62-4A22-B6B5-E4049999B4C7.jpeg

Another recent job. This thing feels like I’m driving a clown car around the job site, but it’s totally bad ass and makes me smile. And it’s lift is no joke either. Pretty steep learning curve after all the years on a tractor, but I’m getting it.
F9AED733-D3B5-40B0-954D-C2BEB459C985.jpeg B67EACBF-7AC6-4379-B7A0-58EA7FE4D8E5.jpeg

Yeah. Ronnie is good people. And thanks, Giant is becoming my new little buddy, just gonna take some more getting used too.

He is. Once you get used to the Giant you’ll never want to take out the tractor again. It’s almost a waist of time getting used to the branch manager if your getting a different grapple. They all have there own way. Not familiar with the one your getting but if you can run it un pinned free floating and feed the chipper they are even more of a game changer. You might fire everyone lol!

What exactly do you mean by unpinned and free floating? I’ll always need a tractor. They’re just different animals. Giant could never have done what the Deere did on that job.

The Vermeer (and if I recall) the Branch Manager will swing if the center pin is not fix in the slot allowing you to come straight toward the chipper then swing to the right or left side of the chipper to feed it. When you turn to the right or left with the grapple unpinned the branches are in the correct position to feed into the chipper and not beat your machine on the way in.

Latest posts

Back