ArboristSite.com Sponsors

whadja do today?

Discussion in 'Commercial Tree Care and Climbing' started by treevet, Jan 12, 2010.

1. Oldmaple

Oldmaple Addicted to ArboristSite

I have a jack like that on my trailer. Only problem I've had is you put it down with the truck unloaded, load the truck and try to hook back up again. If the truck has squatted too much you can't get the trailer low enough to hook back up. Just need to think ahead (not my strong suit).

tree MDS likes this.
  2. tree MDS

tree MDS Daddy

My mechanic sent one of his guys out to help me with my truck and trailer wiring issues today. I can’t believe it, everything is finally wired the same, and all works/is interchangeable. Yes, all brakes and every signal. Three trucks, two chippers and two trailers. Totally unbelievable.:surprised3:

Now I have both CDL and non CDL chippers and trailers/machine set ups. Plus I picked up the ram as a tow vehicle basically (before it only could be used with my old chipper, the brakes locked on everything else as soon as plugged in). The kid at the trailer place had my brand new trailer ****ed. The new bucket was wired wrong, so wasn’t powering any trailer brakes. You get the idea. A total nightmare.

Yes!!!:rock:

Oldmaple and PA Dan like this.
  3. gorman

gorman Addicted to ArboristSite

Picked up a mig unit and finally got the stove installed. Had to coincidentally do some welding on the exhaust pipe. [​IMG][​IMG]

Oldmaple and tree MDS like this.
  4. tree MDS

tree MDS Daddy

That’s a cool looking old welder!

Looks a little barren in there. Thinking maybe you need some benches to pile crap on instead of just piling it on the floor like that.

gorman likes this.
  5. tree MDS

tree MDS Daddy

Got my Sena Tufftalk Lite earmuffs yesterday. Now I’m really not ever gonna wanna to get out of the heated cab of that new machine. At least not till summer. I sense some hard core Murphing on the horizon!! Hahaha.

6. dbl612

dbl612 ArboristSite Guru

hopefully they will pair up with the older senas

7. gorman

I climbed a 28” red oak today over a septic. Was supposed to be a bucket job but the wind was gusting 40mph towards where the bucket would be set up. I’d run out of height too. I’m just happy to be home next to the fire.

8. gorman

It was so freakin windy today I still have sea legs from getting thrown around 70 feet up.

9. tree MDS

tree MDS Daddy

Murph shot!!
    F13EB888-9C02-4099-8B2E-CEF2012A15F7.jpeg
    It’s a whole different world out there now. The MDS likey!!:) :dancing:
    A103D489-0CE7-4246-8690-8608FA746309.jpeg

Jed1124 and Oldmaple like this.
  10. dbl612

dbl612 ArboristSite Guru

its nice to see you advance and realize you dont have to do everything the hard way to prove your skills.

11. tree MDS

tree MDS Daddy

Thanks. All it took was another 100k or so. All I need is unlimited bankroll and I could really make some progress. Lol

Those earmuffs are Bluetooth 4.1, so not sure if they would pair with the older models or not? I’ll have to look into it. I think they might. I remember reading something about that somewhere when looking for these, just can’t remember what or where. For now I have four of these for day to day use anyway, so in good shape there.

12. Jed1124

Jed1124 Addicted to ArboristSite

Did you Murph all those trees behind that barn? Glad I didn’t get that one. Wasn’t looking forward to pulling all those trees through all those vines and burning bush, big mess :p

13. DR. P. Proteus

DR. P. Proteus Addicted to ArboristSite

jesus christ

gorman likes this.
  14. tree MDS

tree MDS Daddy

I see you’re still alive.

Brian55 and Jed1124 like this.
  15. DR. P. Proteus

DR. P. Proteus Addicted to ArboristSite

right back at you.

16. tree MDS

tree MDS Daddy

What has the good doctor been up to?

17. tree MDS

tree MDS Daddy

11’ shagbark up a steep ass hill - backwards (just to see). Was a little light in the back and had to go easy, but tires stayed on the ground. That was after bringing all the brush (smaller logs) and tops up and stuffing them in the 19xpc. To say I’m falling in love with this machine is a pretty accurate description. Giant good.:):heart:
    BECBBA75-BB72-45A6-A279-20FD0C506955.jpeg

Jed1124 and Oldmaple like this.
  18. dbl612

dbl612 ArboristSite Guru

if you had the room, why not carry at 90 degrees to machine? lot more capacity i would think.

19. tree MDS

tree MDS Daddy

I didn’t, so I couldn’t. But yes, obviously you’re right. I was trying to see what the machine is made of too. I could’ve just driven it out sticking off the front, that would’ve made the most sense (if) I wasn’t trying to find it’s limits.

dbl612 and Oldmaple like this.
  20. gorman

Just found out through a news article about a fatality that happened today. It involved the homeowner dying from getting backed over by a skid steer operated by an employee. This shook me for many reasons but most of all because this company was a very safe outfit. Everyone vetted, licensed, trained, sent to seminars, safety meetings, etc... I left them 13 or so years ago to go solo but maintained a close relationship with the owner because i likes the guy.

I don’t know whose fault it was but it really sucks. It makes me think about how easy something like that could happen to me. I’ve had to shutdown production numerous times in the past because of homeowners straying into the work zone or walking behind the loader when I’m backing up. You tell the old man scrounging wood rounds or
    the woman gardening that they got to get the heck out the way for their safety.

Oldmaple likes this.