Discussion in 'Commercial Tree Care and Climbing' started by treevet, Jan 12, 2010.
Best part about it is they think their caretaker “sold” us their highly valuable wood
Job is done and now they want it back? Is that right? My response is here is a quote for loading it all up and delivering it. My attitude towards customers sucks nowadays.
You’ll have the last laugh Jed when you see that wood rotting in their yard a few years from now.
Just finished up four days of storm damage work from an ice storm. Just an observation after 30+years of tree work, nothing scientific since it is just in my little scope of things. The majority of the damage was snapped off branches, not failed crotches. Seems like with wind damage you'd see more failed crotches. Wondering whether ice loads trees differently than wind. Maples, Birches and Pines took a beating.
We are dealing with the same storm. Back before Christmas we had a really wet heavy snow that did far more damage than this ice storm so I think that snow took out most of the weak stuff and weakened up some stuff for this ice storm but this time around about 99% of all the damage is Siberian elm the other 1% the few White Pines we have in the area and the occasional silver maple. I've seen more limbs fail then crotches as well but I'd say 70/30 on that.
Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
So busy,, I am a grandfather now,btw. I still read you guys every day tho,
Omg I’m so sick of winter making me hate my job!! Grrrr!!!!!! I can hardly even stand to go out there anymore!!
Saturday I took out a driveway lamp with the tips of a branch. Cutting in the cold (rushing) with zero degree/40 mph wind gusts. I didn’t even see that the limb was tangled in another tree. It needs to end. I’m not cut out for this crap. Grr!!!!
seeing as this is your first winter in ct, imagine how hard it would be if there actually were snow on the ground.
Makes me miss my old business model!!
Been grinding and sandblasting our international for the past three days. Started inside the heated garage. Moved outside since that was a bad idea. Now our balls are freezing off.
Apparently my newest helper has come down with something or another between yesterday and today, so that gets me off the hook anyway. Lol. Only part that sucks is it was actually the only ideal tree working day of the week (no snow, ground hard) and I have two different jobs started at the moment.
Oh well. Waiting for another CL job applicant as we speak.
I saw a mean looking International tandem axle with a huge roll off dumpster on it yesterday, was thinking of you. When is that truck coming?
You know more than I do. Was supposed to be middle of December, then another month, then it was later this week. We will see.
That’s cool, man! Looking forward checking it out!
We both know who drives it. Being the keen person you are, you would not let any of that convoy out of your sight for very long.
No, I suppose not, doc.
Hell, I still hoping that one day I can just do everything myself. All the dream and none of the ******* losers!! My, god, Dan, just think of it!!
Yeah, if it wasn’t for the high dollar PHC contract they’re going to sign for this year it would really burn my ass. I told the caretaker to let me know any time they need wood. I’ll bury them in it!
Another storm damage job. Thought I had them all done last week. This lady has been without power for over a week. Tree on the left ripped her wires down. All down now so it's time for the electrician.
Back at it again. Another ice storm job. Chipper is in the shop so it's back to old times.
Sucks about the chipper. Stuff never breaks when you don’t need it.
Separate names with a comma.