whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks nice. Why the big hose and spray gun?

I got the biggest pump I could get with that unit to hit tall Oaks with Gypsy Moth when they are a problem. At 42 gallons per minute you need 3/4" hose to make use of the volume. Also, it's nice to have 2 hoses for fert, 2 guys on the rig.

I got the biggest pump I could get with that unit to hit tall Oaks with Gypsy Moth when they are a problem. At 42 gallons per minute you need 3/4" hose to make use of the volume. Also, it's nice to have 2 hoses for fert, 2 guys on the rig.
We couldn't spray like that in our area, too much drift and people freak out.

This is arboristsite, it's like the wild west. We spray any damn thing we want any damn time we want. We incinerate pine logs (with the help of used motor oil and old tires),whatever. Anything is possible. Hell, just last week I purchased my first two slaves from darknet via a human trafficking ring. I'm thinking about a wife next if these work out. They have a march madness sale going on as we speak.

Gorman, how is that akimbo treating you? You use it srt or drt, or both? You think it would be worth me buying one for drt? I'm just looking for something that descends better than the hitch cord I'm currently using.

Gorman, how is that akimbo treating you? You use it srt or drt, or both? You think it would be worth me buying one for drt? I'm just looking for something that descends better than the hitch cord I'm currently using.

I have yet to get comfortable on it. Trying to break it in on the maybe 15 hours of climbing on it so far. It seems like you really need to get the right rope and dial it in correctly. Currently I’m climbing on a fuzzed up blue moon hank. Love it because there’s very little stretch.
My problem with the akimbo is that once you start descending the stops are abrupt.

I reach out to neighbors, explain labels and why we are doing what we are doing. When the oaks start dying people are much more open to spraying. I use Acelepryn for gypsy moth. Expensive but it works great and does not even carry a caution label.

Ordered two of these rifle cases through sherrill for my newer big shots (with trigger) a while back. Idea is to have one on each truck, and keep them in a safe spot away from saw teeth, etc. Not quite as bulky of cheap as I thought they would be. I like.

After seeing that they actually are just a cheap gun case, I’m pretty sure I could’ve gotten one at Walmart a lot quicker and for less money, but whatever. At least that’s done. Off season is a good time for dialing in the small stuff.
View attachment 720547
View attachment 720548
the local constabulary will spot that and pull you over thinking its an urban assault vehicle.

Loaded up this thing today. It’s so freaking easy to load when the Can is on the ground. Wasn’t even full. I’m gonna weld stake pockets on the top of the outside to hold more logs when I need it.

9526b597ff0f7cefa952cf27652650ba.jpg

Damn that thing is long.

20’ body. It’s really no different than the class B box trucks I drove at Netts a few years back. I think some of those had 24’ bodies. I figure a lot of times it’ll just be coned off out on the side of the road like in that pic. Just load it right there, no need to even back it in a lot of driveways.

I am a master at Tetris now with this new truck.

That long body you got mds looks like a great truck. Is it a 466e or non computerized? I wonder if you have the holes in the frame rail to shorten the wheelbase.

Non computerized. So I had to try this today in between estimates, it was the big thing hanging in my thoughts (one of) about this whole roach wood truck deal. I wouldn’t say it’s a piece of cake (and not a little scary at first), but the Giant does it. This was a 7.5’ piece of oak I had in the yard. I figure I’ll fill the front like this, then load the back with bigger pieces like normal lol. Don’t know how the rest of it’s gonna go, but that’s the plan so far. :laugh:
C0BA0A2D-FCBB-40C2-97B4-0388B9171639.jpeg
C8900E64-FF35-4263-BC2A-8E3F6ACB3EB3.jpeg
8ACBE850-8317-4577-9429-C4B00D40778F.jpeg CA2AF000-660F-4580-8A8C-99EA48A7EF6B.jpeg 4F29B13E-0F55-4D59-ADB5-73FD390C8230.jpeg

Latest posts

Back