whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Boss brought the bucket truck to my house Friday night, pickin it up tomorrow mornin. Trimmed some big oaks that were over my house. Now if I want to remove them they will be much easier to remove climbing. Also removed a big double chestnut oak at the corner of my house where the power line comes in. Small drop zone and didn't feel comfortable rigging much of it so picked and threw most of it. Rigging and power lines w/ inexperienced ground guys(dad/brother) is a bad combo. I think my dad has some pics so we'll see, will post them if he did. It was a windy last few days here recently

Hi tree MDS,
Was wondering how you got into the habit of using plywood ? I thought the spider lifts were fairly light, at least compared to a bucket truck. I dream of someday getting a Nifty Lift SD64 and was looking forward to not wrecking yards. Is this perhaps a fantasy ? Thanks
The one we use is like 12k pounds about the same as MDS's it will indent a yard unless frozen or very hard dry ground. Me I have the go for it attitude but the company's view tends to lead to putting plywood down just incase if you take the time to put a plywood highway down that leaves you a road you can run a loader back and forth on aswell and you leave zero impact. It's very impressive to a homeowner to take a huge tree out of a back yard and not scratch a blade of grass.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Thanks for explaining that, NT. Couldn’t have said it better myself.
On this one those were landscape timber/stair thingys (only way in) and a clay tennis court, so likely would’ve blown a track on the way up before we even got to putting the panzer effect to the court. Lol
What kind of lift are you guys running?

The one we use is like 12k pounds about the same as MDS's it will indent a yard unless frozen or very hard dry ground. Me I have the go for it attitude but the company's view tends to lead to putting plywood down just incase if you take the time to put a plywood highway down that leaves you a road you can run a loader back and forth on aswell and you leave zero impact. It's very impressive to a homeowner to take a huge tree out of a back yard and not scratch a blade of grass.

Thank you for the reply, I heard that the Nifty Lift SD64 weighs about 8,000 lbs.
About the same as a skid steer ?
Was hoping that weight with wide turf tires would not leave the marks you are talking about with tracked 12,000 lb. unit ?

Thank you for the reply, I heard that the Nifty Lift SD64 weighs about 8,000 lbs.
About the same as a skid steer ?
Was hoping that weight with wide turf tires would not leave the marks you are talking about with tracked 12,000 lb. unit ?
Hypothetically it should be ok. for comparison our carlton stump grinder weighs just over 4k pounds most of the weight is only on one axle and it doesn't mark up lawns unless it's super wet.
Thanks for explaining that, NT. Couldn’t have said it better myself.
On this one those were landscape timber/stair thingys (only way in) and a clay tennis court, so likely would’ve blown a track on the way up before we even got to putting the panzer effect to the court. Lol
What kind of lift are you guys running?
We dont have it at our location (we were acquired by a larger entity) and we only have used it a few times I dont remember what model it is but it is 80 somethin foot.

Hypothetically it should be ok. for comparison our carlton stump grinder weighs just over 4k pounds most of the weight is only on one axle and it doesn't mark up lawns unless it's super wet. We dont have it at our location (we were acquired by a larger entity) and we only have used it a few times I dont remember what model it is but it is 80 somethin foot.

Can you say what entity, or is it hush?
Jeff

Yea, I'm not really too excited. I'm not a fan of the corporate nonsense. I had a plan to try something new this year but this corona thing is killin it.

Yeah, same here, we were aquired 2 years ago by a huge company, probably the biggest,,23,000 employees, life changed quick,,
Jeff

and that is a blessing,,working 6 days a week,, non stop here,,
Jeff :cheers:

Good to hear. The MDS is still kicking as well. Seven days baby.

We had a couple mother hens come up on us Sunday and ask if we can kindly “wrap it up within the next hour”. Apparently they a lot of people coming over and they were having a New Yorker Easter egg hunt for the childrens. We moved to the other side of the property (was like a condo deal and they were neighbors). The MDS can be amazingly polite and respectful as needed. Lol

Good to hear. The MDS is still kicking as well. Seven days baby.

We had a couple mother hens come up on us Sunday and ask if we can kindly “wrap it up within the next hour”. Apparently they a lot of people coming over and they were having a New Yorker Easter egg hunt for the childrens. We moved to the other side of the property (was like a condo deal and they were neighbors). The MDS can be amazingly polite and respectful as needed. Lol

Working on a Sunday? Damn. That’s my coffee and donut day.

Back