whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did 2 pines today, got pics of the smaller one. Probably a 75 footer and a 85 footer. Biggest one had 5 or 6 kinks or bends in the trunk. I hate those 6 foot sections that grow on a 45 then straight up again. Due to a shed and dog woods I had to get to the top before letting her rip. 4 more pines to go then the pines are done. You can see the 3 on the right side and 1 dead one on left side.
Gonna get to really do some speed lining on the ones on the right. Thick dogwoods over there under those ones on the right. Like a 30 yard circle of dogwoods around the base of those three. Rigging them down would be a night mare and would damage the dogwoods no matter how careful the rope man is. I got 6 slings now, and probably 6 nice smooth carabiners for the slings.

Attachments

• 20200704_135529.jpg
    20200704_135529.jpg
    341.5 KB · Views: 38
  • 20200704_135326.jpg
    20200704_135326.jpg
    370.3 KB · Views: 37
  • 20200704_135537.jpg
    20200704_135537.jpg
    339.1 KB · Views: 37
Did 2 pines today, got pics of the smaller one. Probably a 75 footer and a 85 footer. Biggest one had 5 or 6 kinks or bends in the trunk. I hate those 6 foot sections that grow on a 45 then straight up again. Due to a shed and dog woods I had to get to the top before letting her rip. 4 more pines to go then the pines are done. You can see the 3 on the right side and 1 dead one on left side.
Gonna get to really do some speed lining on the ones on the right. Thick dogwoods over there under those ones on the right. Like a 30 yard circle of dogwoods around the base of those three. Rigging them down would be a night mare and would damage the dogwoods no matter how careful the rope man is. I got 6 slings now, and probably 6 nice smooth carabiners for the slings.

Nice work! There are some talented tree guys here. Really good for amateurs like me to learn from.
Charles

Nice elevator on a rear mount! 70'?

I'm intrigued. In what way is it a Cadillac compared to your spiderlift? Faster?

Yeah, 70’ (75’ wh).

Bucket is faster, nicer controls, it’s much more comfortable leaning against a nice soft basket, just all and all much more machine underneath you. (The two really shouldn’t even be compared they’re so different). I guess I was also referring to the 330hp, automatic, ice cold ac and recently armoralled interior. It’s a nice way to work (when it makes sense). But then there are setups like this where the lift is just a no brainer..
D5F315A9-6632-4133-97DC-17C80BAB0C04.jpeg

Well I got the rest of those pines down but neither I or my helper took any pics this weekend. But the dead one and other 2 pines in the pics are down.
Speed line was great and was the only way to do it climbing for the 2 on the right in pics. And with more time both me and helper will be faster with it. Hot and humid as could be yesterday, 7 hours and I was done. Today was just the dead one 75'er, took about a 25' top in tight quarters. Lots of little bug/woodpecker holes up high and branches were light for there size. Didn't want to push my luck w/ the wind noodely tree. Hinge was still solid and pulled fiber when it let go.

Yeah, 70’ (75’ wh).

Bucket is faster, nicer controls, it’s much more comfortable leaning against a nice soft basket, just all and all much more machine underneath you. (The two really shouldn’t even be compared they’re so different). I guess I was also referring to the 330hp, automatic, ice cold ac and recently armoralled interior. It’s a nice way to work (when it makes sense). But then there are setups like this where the lift is just a no brainer..
View attachment 841898

Nice. I'm in the market for one... Do you use 3/4" plywood? Must be heavy slinging that stuff around. Your pictures are impressive!

Nice. I'm in the market for one... Do you use 3/4" plywood? Must be heavy slinging that stuff around. Your pictures are impressive!
With all the equipment he has the only labor his crew does is throw plywood!!!

Forks on the loader make it cake! Dump it off right in front of the machine on the way in flip it on as you back out!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

With all the equipment he has the only labor his crew does is throw plywood!!!

Forks on the loader make it cake! Dump it off right in front of the machine on the way in flip it on as you back out!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Haha. I think these guys figure we’re pulling it off the truck one sheet at a time!:laugh:

The other nice part (like in that first pic) is being able to set up/track over the occasional septic system. I would’ve had to block the whole work zone with the bucket otherwise, as the septic started somewhere out behind the house where the lift was. This way I was able to come down as the wood built up and feed it into the chipper/move it out of the way (they did have to drag and chip the brush on top of plywood duties lol).

Yeah, 70’ (75’ wh).

View attachment 841898
Is your spider lift like sitting on top of a fly fishing rod?

Customer just gave me this. I think it’s from ‘81 and it’s mint. Starts right up.
05a087193a46ff2a81e8faf380d9e879.jpg

I love southco!! Waiting for my third (and biggest) truck from them as we speak!
!:dancing:
I’ve worked with them to commission some new metal for my old bucket in the past too. Great company, and great people!
EB98BF8F-8364-4527-AFA8-F54EB3B291A2.jpeg

Back