whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont understand, thats part of a job we did this and last week, no pull line used at all
This is the job from 2013 I was referring to on your post with a pull line on the root plate...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tt2KcZsR8Kc&feature=emb_logo I now see it may be a permanent signature vid or something....oh well..sorry.

Mileage, engine, and transmission?

I’m not sure of the mileage. A lot of the gauges don’t work. My mechanic suggested buying a rebuilt cluster off the internet. It’s either 210 or 215hp. Might be 220, I’d have to check. Guy I bought it from said the lower end was rebuilt. This thing fires up at the tap of the key. Spicer 7 speed most guys hate, but it does have low gears and the creeper, so no matter what’s in it it starts off no problem, even on big hills. Floor is heavy steel over the old heavy steel which isn’t too bad either, just heavy. I love loading this truck, everything just slides so nice.
AA520E34-2A01-4DFC-83EA-685C1C4C499E.jpegAA520E34-2A01-4DFC-83EA-685C1C4C499E.jpeg

I’m not sure of the mileage. A lot of the gauges don’t work. My mechanic suggested buying a rebuilt cluster off the internet. It’s either 210 or 215hp. Might be 220, I’d have to check. Guy I bought it from said the lower end was rebuilt. This thing fires up at the tap of the key. Spicer 7 speed most guys hate, but it does have low gears and the creeper, so no matter what’s in it it starts off no problem, even on big hills. Floor is heavy steel over the old heavy steel which isn’t too bad either, just heavy. I love loading this truck, everything just slides so nice.
View attachment 865956View attachment 865956
Do you offer financing? I'm looking for a new daily driver, lol.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Two thumbs up for Tom’s newest crane operator. Top quality young man. This was our third day using him recently, and I can’t say enough good about him.
The zigzag was pure gold too. Beautiful little device. Pretty much zero learning curve coming off the hitch climber and vt onto this.

1BFA414F-EFDD-40B9-B77A-1AD70CC12CC1.jpegEB2E7B4F-371C-4FBF-8972-F003158C266C.jpeg864DBDBF-2ACF-456B-8D27-072919F52BFB.jpeg

I love my ZZ for crane work. I switch things up a lot now though. Trying to stay fluent with every set up just to not rely on one. 18 years on a taughtline hitch so I’m not picky but I want to figure out what works best in what situations. Damn how many of us predate the Blake’s? Look at the options we have now

A wet sunday, playing chess with my 7 year old, had 5m of 2500kg dyneema and a few rings (not the right ones) and thought I might try to make something, not great but will pull it apart and do better on second attempt.

BVWeFjs.jpg

Last Monday I climbed in 50 mph gusts. Was about to blow out the top of this one when I noticed an old crack through the stem where I was about to make my pie slice. Took it lower and timed it with the wind so it wouldn’t barber chair.

Job turned out fine and used a humbolt notch so the stem would land flat.

Found out a 25 year old died the same day climbing in Mystic CT.
24e4bd3d23b1ce7367f5d9cfcd29e8a7.jpg

Latest posts

Back