whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last Monday I climbed in 50 mph gusts. Was about to blow out the top of this one when I noticed an old crack through the stem where I was about to make my pie slice. Took it lower and timed it with the wind so it wouldn’t barber chair.

Job turned out fine and used a humbolt notch so the stem would land flat.

Found out a 25 year old died the same day climbing in Mystic CT.
24e4bd3d23b1ce7367f5d9cfcd29e8a7.jpg
You’re lucky you survived that Murph “notch”. Omg.

**** climbing any and every old tree that comes along. I’m glad I have a lift now. At least it way cuts down on the chances of my loved ones having to go through that.

Nice work. What exactly do you do with that thing?
It's a customised kiwi carrier, you poke the legs into the two-ring end, then stick the beak into the single ring and sling it over your shoulder. Not only a practical way of carting your pet kiwi around, but stylish as well. Very much approve of the mighty Mercator as well, Timber.

Today was a nice day with the bucket, Giant, Rammy and chipper. No plywood or lift to drag along. Plus the bucket is so much quicker. Was almost like a vacation day. Really dawned on me how efficient it’s gonna be leaving a couple logs for the grapple truck. Talked to the kenworth dealer today, wiring almost done. Asked me if I’d seen the truck. I said just some crappy pictures. He says it’s a total ****in beast,, huge, bad ass and we’ll proportioned. Starting to get a little excited again. Got my ins cards today too.

Haven't been following this. You still gonna be chipping or will you be loading brush and everything with it?

Haven't been following this. You still gonna be chipping or will you be loading brush and everything with it?

Mostly just a wood truck/extra tow vehicle. Idea is to tow my Giant behind it. It has a 2’ chip top that goes on it also (removable with the grapple). Not sure how often I’ll use it, but it’ll be cool to have. All around job finisher is what I’m thinking.

Now I see why the pusher axles is towards the front. Nice truck.
The excise tax must have hurt.

Thanks. It all hurts. Just part or the game I guess. I can already feel the (on the job) pressure this thing is going to relieve at the end of a long day. It’s almost like a freedom of sorts after the old ways for so long.

Back