whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a sweet truck, Vet!! Congrats! Are you gonna put a chip box on it? Like to see a pic of the actual truck!

That ram 5500 with 12' box has been quietly one of the best/most necessary pieces of equipment I've bought. Be hard to do it without. Just stick any tard in it with a med card and go to work. Lol

Lol yeah I agree cause I just sold the 11' dump 2005 f350 dump I had yesterday see pict. I have a couple picts of it. Tues putting 2 boxes under the bed (you can see them in the back of truck) and gonna try to put on brackets to carry the 3' fiberglass poles for big shot and polesaw etc. I see me setting a trend and maybe soccer moms and lawyers etc., will start driving these f550's around all day lol.

Got it on dump as freezing rain last night. Can see new tool boxes in back. I got an aluminum dump box gonna have altered to fit this that went on old f350. Plus those high prongs are set up to put on high boards both over the sides and over the tailgate. Truck has the brand new 7.3 big block being talked about a lot.

I gotta get a prostate cancer operation early Mar. and got a great deal on trading in my Silverado 3500 on it (no money down) so I can add the $ from the f350 for the 5 or 6 week down time from the op. to what I got.

Attachments

• thumbnail (33).jpg
    thumbnail (33).jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 21
  • KIMG2768.JPG
    KIMG2768.JPG
    569.5 KB · Views: 21
  • KIMG2771.JPG
    KIMG2771.JPG
    617.8 KB · Views: 18
  • KIMG0714 (1).JPG
    KIMG0714 (1).JPG
    141.4 KB · Views: 20
I originally posted about how some of the guys got stuck on ice today and how we got them out but I decided to delete that and just let my post pick back up on the part we all need to be aware of about securing our finances......

.......Then I got back and found out that the bank card on one of our company accounts got hacked somehow. I checked out the account online and found out that the bank called us withing minutes of the first attempted charge and they shut that card off. I have no idea how they were so on top of that but I used the card at about 1:00 pm with no problem. Someone else across the country tried to use it a few minutes later. Just minutes after that, the bank was on the phone to me asking if it was a legit charge. Wow! Never had that happen before. They tried to charge about $450 in 3 attempted efforts. Hopefully we won't have to pay that.

So that was some of my day today.

I will share one more related thing for anyone still reading this who might still care. One thing that I have done for years is to have different business accounts. We have our main checking account that we use for all of our payroll, taxes, etc. We keep most of our money there and there is no debit card, etc. on that account. Only checks on that account. There is another smaller checking account that we use for ordering things online or other purchases using debit cards...fuel, etc. This account has limited money and is only used with cards. We don't even have checks printed on that account. I did this just in case "today" were to happen. Someone could hack our cards but only get into the smaller account. We would never have a scenario where someone could use a card and drain our company of serious money. As much as I'd like to say that my clever plan worked...it was really the fast action by the bank that worked. But my plan would have kept them away from the other money had the bank not caught it. And it still will.

I got a call last night in the middle of the snowstorm from a customer that had a branch on their power service. They cancelled work we had scheduled to do because both the wife and husband caught covid. She told me her husband is still on a ventilator in their house and if they lost power he’d probably die.
I panicked and tried to get out to the road with my bucket and that wasn’t happening. The roads were not passable.
I told them to call emergency service as a contingency.
They did and national grid came out and cleared the line.
I don’t know how they got their truck over there but hats off to them.

Got the Trump Vaccine a few hours ago. Absolutely no after effects. But then I been stung 60 times at once by bald face hornets and felt no side effects. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Attachments

• 134910993_10157871225917544_1937711979542630451_o.jpg
    134910993_10157871225917544_1937711979542630451_o.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 8

I think that’s the way to go. Back to a pushrod designed v8. The diesels have power, but they are just getting out of control in terms of complication and price. I just ordered new heads, head gaskets and various other parts for my ford F450 dump with the 6.0. It’s been pushing coolant for a while, but still drives fine and doesn’t get hot. Figure I get it all done before the season ramps up.

I think that’s the way to go. Back to a pushrod designed v8. The diesels have power, but they are just getting out of control in terms of complication and price. I just ordered new heads, head gaskets and various other parts for my ford F450 dump with the 6.0. It’s been pushing coolant for a while, but still drives fine and doesn’t get hot. Figure I get it all done before the season ramps up.

If you’re gonna keep it I’d look into “bullet proofing” it. Usually runs between 4-6k but you avoid the head bolt disaster and Oil cooler issues.

Went thru all of it with my 05 f350 4x4 11' dump I just sold the other day. Whole set of injectors as well.

There’s a guy with a shop in my state that pretty much all he does is work on 6.0 and 6.4 powerstrokes. He grinds out these procedures all day every day. Makes a good amount of money since he’s got it down it takes him no time to do it.

Back