whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
now thats sounds like jealousy.......................:D

I cannot afford too many cash jobs, I need money in the bank account to pay the big bills. Any money that goes in to the bank goes on the books for taxes, so I do not discount for cash.

At ChemLawn we would PO some of the guys who did it, a few had shadow routes that the did with their "real" spray jobs. They would say they made more money with that then on payroll. The would look daggers at me whenever i said it :laugh:

I cannot afford too many cash jobs, I need money in the bank account to pay the big bills. Any money that goes in to the bank goes on the books for taxes, so I do not discount for cash.

all the big jobs, and sub contractor work has to be tracked, true. In the end, I always add $20,000 - $30,000 cash to the totals for the accountant. gotta pay the tax man.:cry:

Got a call from a regular this afternoon and a giant oak uprooted (just was climbing around in it last year). No breeze, little snow, little reason for it to go over except it was/is huge, had a lot of dead wood (and dead roots) and poof it is belly up. Could have easily have gone over with a climber in it.

It was real polite and didn't take any primary wires down and fell for the most part on the side of the road. I will post a pict later as I got a new camera and don't feel like getting into it now.

The huge uprooted stump is a huge pita to get rid of around here. Used to have to pay 300.00$ for a big stump at the dump but now they won't even take them.

Had a brain storm a few minutes ago......How about I crane it into the truck and take somewhere and put it on the ground and grind it with the stump grinder there (where I don't have to clean up the giant mess. Anybody ever done this?

Got a call from a regular this afternoon and a giant oak uprooted (just was climbing around in it last year). No breeze, little snow, little reason for it to go over except it was/is huge, had a lot of dead wood (and dead roots) and poof it is belly up. Could have easily have gone over with a climber in it.

It was real polite and didn't take any primary wires down and fell for the most part on the side of the road. I will post a pict later as I got a new camera and don't feel like getting into it now.

The huge uprooted stump is a huge pita to get rid of around here. Used to have to pay 300.00$ for a big stump at the dump but now they won't even take them.

Had a brain storm a few minutes ago......How about I crane it into the truck and take somewhere and put it on the ground and grind it with the stump grinder there (where I don't have to clean up the giant mess. Anybody ever done this?

You'll be double handling it. How about finding somewhere where you can dig a hole and putting it in the ground upside down, rootwad up. Then a little dirt and gone.

It is a big mug (maybe 9 feet wide) and I have no way to dig a hole that size. I do however have a property nearby where I can drop it and grind it and just leave the grindings there (I think). Good idea tho.

Could work out for you---got a big tow behind and go at it from the bottomup to where you can start cutting up. Done that and sometimes it is a good way to do it. I had a tree fall over with roots ten feet in the air and did the same thing.:)
Jeff

you gonna need a big truck to haul that donkey around. not a bad idea though.

you got any customer's that haven't paid up yet? lol

Back