whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treevet

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
attachment.php

We slammed a big old rotten Linden today as part of a contract in a Convent.

It is a very pretty place to work in and you can't help feel like someone is watching over you.

nice!

on another GC today. 5 pine 2 oak. fun seeing a crane hauling the chipper do about 40mph up the hill in the snow from across the fairway because it has to just to get out.

good times.

looks like a peaceful work enviro TV. nice. you bring the 2k to eat up the butt? chippers loooove linden.

thanks for sharing.

nice!

on another GC today. 5 pine 2 oak. fun seeing a crane hauling the chipper do about 40mph up the hill in the snow from across the fairway because it has to just to get out.

good times.

looks like a peaceful work enviro TV. nice. you bring the 2k to eat up the butt? chippers loooove linden.

thanks for sharing.

Take the camera with you OD and use this thread. Guess you guys gotta get as much done as you can before the thaw? (golf course)

We didn't take the 2k today so as not to get stuck in tight driveway access.

We had onsite dumping

no doubt man. they upgrading the website so the camera been out a bunch lately. i'll ask for a hard copy. i was actually recording some footage of the chipper getting nasty on a whole pine leader today with their camera.

you gotta see a woodsman eat. beast.

ive been in his ear about getting the helmet cam too........he's been thinking about it.

hopefully!

no doubt man. they upgrading the website so the camera been out a bunch lately. i'll ask for a hard copy. i was actually recording some footage of the chipper getting nasty on a whole pine leader today with their camera.

you gotta see a woodsman eat. beast.

ive been in his ear about getting the helmet cam too........he's been thinking about it.

hopefully!

Just some stills is fine sometimes. The vid cam must be a pita sometimes I would think instead of just popping a small camera out of your pocket and snapping a few and put it back.

But my cheapo froze last week and now everything is all lines. I hope it is the film cartridge tho and not the camera. I took my expensive cam (to me...about 600 beans) out today and got it all covered in saw dust and hate having it in my pocket.

Can I have a peek at your website?

I was thinking the other day.....wouldn't it be a neat niche job to go out to companies that have websites and offer to do a production of their company at work and charge them to put it on their site?

nice!

you bring the 2k to eat up the butt? chippers loooove linden.

thanks for sharing.

This old Linden behind the High Ranger WAS a big old boy at one time. The piece going in the chip box is the smaller of 2 stems that started at about 4 feet above the ground and the stump cut will be over 6'. Real surprised not to find at least one coon in there.

ya i think that is what is actually happening, tv. i thinkn i heard some banter about someone upgrading the site and doing some film work. the new site isnt up yet but the older one is marquistree.com

not sure when the new one is up.

believe me i'd love to have a camera on me but it'd be a nightmare. its hard enough with the cell phone.

ya i think that is what is actually happening, tv. i thinkn i heard some banter about someone upgrading the site and doing some film work. the new site isnt up yet but the older one is marquistree.com

not sure when the new one is up.

believe me i'd love to have a camera on me but it'd be a nightmare. its hard enough with the cell phone.

Real nice site Justin. I didn't think that was happening just and observation in general. This guy below was working across the street from me recently at a house where some just moved in so I didn't get a bid on it but I checked out his website on his truck and found it kind of interesting with the vids and music. The kid prob is a comp whiz. Some of the tech is questionable, esp the guy rappelling off a porty.

http://www.fortnerandsons.com/

Real nice site Justin. I didn't think that was happening just and observation in general. This guy below was working across the street from me recently at a house where some just moved in so I didn't get a bid on it but I checked out his website on his truck and found it kind of interesting with the vids and music. The kid prob is a comp whiz. Some of the tech is questionable, esp the guy rappelling off a porty.

http://www.fortnerandsons.com/

Wasnt impressed with the oak removal. Portawrap operator on the roof? Why not just carve a notch in the canopy facing away from the house and speedline everything down in smaller pieces?

The website was made with a web building package and DIY. Ok layout but you could match that quite easily Dave. The packages are no more complex than any other wizard controlled software. If you can post embedded pics here you can whack em on something like Publisher and wrap a bit of text and Bobs your uncle. :cheers:

I think thats a great idea OD. Stills are nice but often we forget that our clients are not tree experts. Videos let them see just how high up you are, how big the piece is and how easily it comes down. I have had a lot of positive feedback from new and regular clients after they watch a video.

Wasnt impressed with the oak removal. Portawrap operator on the roof? Why not just carve a notch in the canopy facing away from the house and speedline everything down in smaller pieces?

The website was made with a web building package and DIY. Ok layout but you could match that quite easily Dave. The packages are no more complex than any other wizard controlled software. If you can post embedded pics here you can whack em on something like Publisher and wrap a bit of text and Bobs your uncle. :cheers:

Bobs your uncle.....absolutely love it! We gotta share a cuppa sometime.

I am gonna contact my site builder and then go out and buy a helcam. I am happy with what they have done with my material so far....www.shawtreesurgeons.com I have only put a very small effort into my site last winter. This sounds like too much fun. I am gonna try to get more (most have none) tree maint practices on there. Clients likely tire quickly of seeing trees get hammered all the time.

I was going to post this in a thread but here seems like a good spot.

There was nothing special about the job except that, as per usual, I was working in a pocket handkerchief sized yard. The access was a pain as the driveway was 2.64m wide and my truck is 2.45m wide. That gave me 7 1/2 inches to work with and the road out the front is 4 lanes across and sees about 15,000 cars per day.

attachment.php

So we set up the night before (Sunday), when it was quieter and my boys closed off the street. I get the truck in the driveway then go for another look see in the back yard. Some clown has put 2 cars right under the largest branch on the largest tree! It turns out the cars belong to the owners son who figured since his Mums place was vacant.......Long story short, the owner says, they are trespassing on my land, drop the damn tree on top of em!

So we did!

Not the smartest place to park

attachment.php

We use these woolbags every day. Great for clean ups and stuffed full of woodchips they make great drop bags for protecting paving, lawns and cars!

attachment.php

Stihl ht75 polesaw is probably the most used saw in my truck.

attachment.php

You cant tell too well but I got the branch to move about 2 metres toward the camera so it didnt crush the fence behind, hence the big cheesy grin!

attachment.php

Dunno if a car with plate POS 013 is worth saving but we did.

attachment.php

It isn't as glamourous as those flash crane jobs you boys do but it isnt every day you get told to drop a tree on a car so there ya go.

:cheers:

Bobs your uncle.....absolutely love it! We gotta share a cuppa sometime.

I am gonna contact my site builder and then go out and buy a helcam. I am happy with what they have done with my material so far....www.shawtreesurgeons.com I have only put a very small effort into my site last winter. This sounds like too much fun. I am gonna try to get more (most have none) tree maint practices on there. Clients likely tire quickly of seeing trees get hammered all the time.

You and me both want a helmetcam. Drool.

Nice looking site you have there Dave. I do like the dialogue on the home page and I also note the oblique reference to service on your personal profile. Very wise move IMO. I think a few videos would really complement the site. Good idea to include maintenance as more and more people become switched on to preserving trees. I dont want to start a political debate here but carbon trading will be fact in the western world in the next ten years. It will soon be tax deductable to own and maintain trees and I dunno about Americans but Aussies love their tax deductions. If I remember correctly the carbon calculator promoted for WA shows 1 tree with a 500mm DBH equals 1 family car per year.......

Back