whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Likely just a coincidence that a security firm has been installing motion sensor cameras and changing the door locks.

I did what was written on the proposal.
Words and stuffs all written on paper reviewed and acknowledged that they understand the scope of the work and signed it gets very confusing ......poor woman was probibally crying and traumatized because you did what you said you would peoples just aren't used to that these days.

I've been working on hiding my are you retarded face when customers look at the work and are overwhelmingly surprised that I was able to make a stupid little shrub disappear from their flowerbed kindof like these ..... it was like shock and aww when they were gone
93b3352d9aa7fc5e3297ec1963cc981d.jpg

I'm on a streak of landscaping this summer. Cut out and ground down 10 shrubs for a customer. Got all excited when they wanted to add on a maple tree. Well it was more like a maple weed 15ft growing up through a lilac bush. he was a car salesman so he wanted me to do it for half what I quoted. I think I'll wait a month and go offer him half the sticker price on a new truck see if that crap actually works.

Yesterday I found myself all harnessed up and 3ft off the ground cleaning dead wood out of a neglected apple tree. I'm going through climbing withdrawal. I even bought a big walk behind mower I feel as if i need to go hang my head in shame .... dose anyone know of a good landscaping forum where I can hang out untill I get my **** straight ??? Next giant pile of dog **** I scatter with the mower against a white picket fence I'll take pics for you guys that's about the extent of my excitement latly

Must have been something in the fine print...

Remove dead elm tree after raping and pillaging and trim four bushes. Kill and eat cat. Light pruning on pin oak tree, mow lawn, tie up customer's wife and subject her to sadomasochistic sex acts while shaving the family dog. Treat shrubs with fungicide, dip children in boiling oil, burn garage down and plant six lilac bushes. Remove large branch overhanging roof of house, steal the fine china, remove poison ivy vine from clothesline pole and torture the neighbor's cat before setting it on fire. Edge front sidewalk, plant one dozen rhododendron bushes, kill customer's entire family and eat their remains. Remove pine tree from back yard, chip the brush, cut and stack the remaining wood in 16 inch pieces and perform a root canal on customer's wife without the benefit of anaesthetic using a Makita hammer-drill and a rusty pair of pliers. Install underground sprinkler system, edge garden plot with cheesy product from Walmart, trim hedges on west side of house and forcefeed customer a roadkilled possum. Treat lawn with toxic fertilizer and insecticide product from Earl May's Garden Center and beat customer's children with an aluminum baseball bat. Dress up in a pink tutu and pink ballerina slippers, a hockey mask, and a thong. Use chainsaw to murder everyone on east side of the street.

:innocent:

Anyone know why my 990xp won't start, I replaced the starter and the battery is good. Would it happen to do with these switches? They click but the starter won't engageimage.jpg

It's probably that solenoid below the starter. I just ding it odd that there is a solenoid on the starter as well.

Kinda looks like its got a regular little relay then the big relay ( solenoid) then it goes to the starter.

I just got TNT-ed. A woman left a message asking if I did " tree service" , I had called her back and left a message myself. I noticed she had called again so I tried again but no answer. I finally reached her around 8pm and she's like, " We decided to wait until the birds move out, maybe this fall or next."

It was the solenoid, I by past it and it started. Too bad I didn't realize it before I bought a starter

It was the solenoid, I by past it and it started. Too bad I didn't realize it before I bought a starter

Kinda weird to see a remote solenoid on that. Using a test light you should have power at one batt cable all the time and the other side gets power when you turn the key to start. That power comes in on the little wire on the little post. When you turn the key to start the little wire gets power closing the circuit on the solenoid/relay.

Its the same with the solenoid on the starter.

Its best to find a starter/alternator shop for next time. A lot of times these shops will only fix what is wrong instead of rebuilding the entire thing. They will also be able to thoroughly test the units before they do anything. These shops are usually way better than buying from parts houses and way less expensive than the manufacturers.

The starter on my chipper was acting up, I had taken it down the road to Advanced where some kid tested it and told me it was fine. I took it to Expert Auto Electric in Gilbertsville where they found the planetary gear was beat. They popped another gear in it for 100 bucks.

Back