whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used a prototype on blue moon and it worked great. Finding the sweet spot might take some time though. I’ll order one eventually. For the amount I climb anymore, it’s hard to justify spending money when my hitch hikers and rope wrenches work and zig zag and hitch climbers and taughtline work fine. I might just do it to have one before Mr. Flashy Gear at our company does.

I'm the opposite of the flashy gear guy but I was hoping the akimbo would live up to the hype and I'd jump in.

No X-static.

I like how compact it is, should be good for spar work.

I just plain trust rope hitches. It can sit against the trunk, lay on a limb, whatever. I just don't have enough experience with mechanical's.

Economy log truck, baby! In house! Lol. One of my ground guys just took this pic quick, but we loaded that wood in the pic there in what felt like 5 mins. We’re loading 18 footers into a 20’ dump now.:baba:

I haven’t done too much to the truck yet, but I did have all new springs (helpers included), pins, bolts and bushings put on the rear. Went with the heaviest OEM springs International put on those trucks. Figured it was a good start.
126066C3-2B64-4B76-9EBE-850B4D5A0633.jpeg
2DE09872-0B19-4143-AEAC-9E9555B0CD4A.jpeg

I just got done with a job I felt weird about. 38” dead oak at the bottom of a steep steep hill. The homeowner told me to chip the top and leave the wood on the ground since I told him getting the wood out would be about two days of winching. He repeatedly had to be reminded of this detail even though it was his idea. I even had it in the email contract. He told me he’s “discombobulated, just had a kitchen fire and his son is moving in”. That right there is a red red flag. This guy unfortunately is probably in the early stages of losing his mind. The tree turns out to be the neighbor’s tree too. I’m probably going to have to come back to remove the wood when the neighbor’s come back after Memorial Day.
e838269e5bfda3214759daa117922bea.jpg
b095233293649a0fa22bcdc731766568.jpg

That loader looks like it's work out really well. Any big reason you went with it and a dump truck vs a grapple truck and mini? Yard damage?

That loader looks like it's work out really well. Any big reason you went with it and a dump truck vs a grapple truck and mini? Yard damage?

It just kind of evolved that way. I got the 19xpc a little more than a year ago and have been wanting a rotating grapple to feed it with, so when I saw this machine it just caught my attention. I never really pictured myself owning a mini. Just not my thing. Grapple truck would be nice, but this is way more versatile for a small operation like mine, imo. Not really worried about lawn damage because we do a lot of plywood laying down for the bucket, etc. anyway.

Been waiting for one of these grapples for months now. It’s hopefully gonna be here later this week.:surprised3:
6529F9EF-7A82-4BF9-A1A1-7D9048DA36E8.jpeg

Back