whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ahh. Always good to learn something, thank you. I have always thought the ones with helicopters were box elder. So silvers have them as well then??? Scabbards in the bucket seems like a good idea, but it must get crowded in there... And I would think they would melt if the bar got hot.... Plus I didn't want to ding up bucket with my chain so plywood did the job for me.

Ahh. Always good to learn something, thank you. I have always thought the ones with helicopters were box elder. So silvers have them as well then??? Scabbards in the bucket seems like a good idea, but it must get crowded in there... And I would think they would melt if the bar got hot.... Plus I didn't want to ding up bucket with my chain so plywood did the job for me.
I believe all maples have helicopters except the genetically engineered ones. Scabbords are essential, they wont melt your bar should never be that hot! Hell since we started using scabbords my boots last longer then 6 months, well worth the investment.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Why wait years for a tree to potentially hit a house when you can borrow a bucket and do it in one weekend.

If you melt through a bar scabbard in the process even better.

Why wait years for a tree to potentially hit a house when you can borrow a bucket and do it in one weekend.

If you melt through a bar scabbard in the process even better.
We bought the property about 4 years ago and there used to be a shed right beside it as well that we tore down. I have to take the tree down so I can rebuild a garage on our property, so it's not as if we waited 20 years to decide to take it down, it is just now part of the process.

Sweet talked the boss into letting me take our old bucket truck home this weekend... here's a nuisance 60' ish box elder I took out yesterday right on the corner of 2 neighboring properties
View attachment 751267 View attachment 751267 View attachment 751268 View attachment 751269 View attachment 751271 View attachment 751272 View attachment 751273 View attachment 751274 View attachment 751275

The last picture of the PoulanPro propped up on the stump of a misidentified tree with a giant limb hanging off the roof next to it.......absolutely perfect. nearly poetic!

It does look like he used a plunge cut in the second last photo though, maybe that's why its in the commercial forum?

The last picture of the PoulanPro propped up on the stump of a misidentified tree with a giant limb hanging off the roof next to it.......absolutely perfect. nearly poetic!

It does look like he used a plunge cut in the second last photo though, maybe that's why its in the commercial forum?
Umm... Apparently you didn't read the humorous part about me doing that right in front of the owner.... And about the fact that I am an electrician not a professional tree removal service. And yes the tree was misidentified... Big deal.... Where is the poetry? I think I did a decent job on that plunge cut, that's why I posted the picture.. why be an ass about it? The forum is "whadja do today?" Is that an inappropriate place to post pictures of what I did today?

Today was a jib kinda day that turned into a double jib day. Really wish they just bought a bigger truck from the beginning! And then a pic from earlier this year
ad09309f6d60074c38e33448b28bccb7.jpg
5aa9ec95165ee0c21755620f3b2fff98.jpg
116a767d8fc90ab030bf821f0f1ebeb5.jpg

Today was a jib kinda day that turned into a double jib day. Really wish they just bought a bigger truck from the beginning! And then a pic from earlier this year
ad09309f6d60074c38e33448b28bccb7.jpg
5aa9ec95165ee0c21755620f3b2fff98.jpg
116a767d8fc90ab030bf821f0f1ebeb5.jpg

That second picture could be a postcard. Beautiful day! What is the reach on that thing? Looks like about a mile and a half!

That second picture could be a postcard. Beautiful day! What is the reach on that thing? Looks like about a mile and a half!
It's a 70 foot stick plus 24 foot jib and then a 16 foot second section of jib. It really is a small crane for trees.

Omg, I love this thing!!:baba:

It takes away pretty much all the stress out of maneuvering around a property away. I’ve had this job for months, was dreading plywooding around this (very, very, wet) property. It just lightens everything up (more room to work too). And the reach is totally insane.

So I took down this nasty, vine covered leaner yesterday (in between working on a bunch of trees beside it whenever the boys got slow). It’s a bad picture, but tree had a hard lean right over a white pine hedge I have to regain control of tomorrow. This place is the same one from the last pics, we’ve been there since Saturday (today off), a ton of treework, but the lift and giant are killing it.
DC61B624-76FE-435E-B0A2-D0F82A1E42C9.jpeg
E2E0DD53-ED41-4BB3-B028-B2420FFEA9FF.jpeg
90124025-7B30-4E5C-B40E-B50D925146CF.jpeg
D98482A5-8DD2-4001-B108-F4990E01E525.jpeg

What would you rather have? The Terex or the Omni?

Both is the obvious answer. But I’ve been wondering the same thing myself lately. They really are two totally different machines, so isn’t really a fair comparison. But if the repo man made me hand over one or the other, I guess I’d probably give up the omme - just because the bucket is faster, insulated, and can tow whatever I put behind it (not to mention the ice cold ac).

That said, I’d never be right again. The maneuverability and extra reach of the lift is a total game changer.

I don't get many cut and leave jobs, very rare indeed, and rarely do residential, but this is a special client. Affluent area with big eucalyptus and being in a drought zone for years this is common, lot's of dying eucalyptus..
Anyway, this euc has been declining for over two years and the top is dead and brittle, not a good tree for rigging.
The deck stays, the limbs over the house can not be rigged because they are going to rain down debris on a house built in 1927.
There is no access for a crane at all,
Pic 1 is the the tree
Pic 2 is the top
Pic 3 is shows the distance I need to have the tree jump to miss the deck
Pic 4 shows how far the jump has to be to clear the irreplaceable original walkway, about 6 feet
Pic 5 shows the spot 250 feet away I plan as the drop zone
So, needless to say, this will be the biggest jump cut that I have planned
I am very nervous but I am not paid for my looks,
Here are the pic's, I am doing this on Thursday next week,
Comments will be appreciated,
Jeff
euc full pic.jpg

euc flop top.jpg euc flop.jpg euc flop1.jpg euc drop zone.jpg euc drop zone.jpg euc drop zone.jpg

Back