whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When you finish cutting down all the dead ash in your area, think your new equipment will be paid off?

That all depends on how long the extra work from the ash trees lasts. I’m not banking on that by any means. I do have a shorter and longer term plan as far as paying stuff off goes. We’ll see how it goes. Would be nice.

you can take a full swing on a telephone and it doesn't even dent let alone break. The hook has a very sharp point on it. I had a Kabar knife in VNam and have one now. Top shelf.

Doin some high endin today Paul. No high end lawn riding just yet here tho. Just started pouring rain so bye bye.KIMG1565.JPG KIMG1567.JPG KIMG1568.JPG KIMG1569.JPG KIMG1570.JPG KIMG1573.JPG

Did your Chevy come with those mirrors or did you have to order those? Mine has some tiny little minivan size mirrors that are almost irritating when I have a trailer. If you bought them aftermarket, would you mind sharing a link?
Also I’m viewing from my phone. Is that a 2500 or 3500? I’m thinking of going heavier on my next truck but not sure if it’s worth it with the single rear wheel

Well besides boring engineering work most of the day, I went out to play with my saws and make sure a few started after they had completely cooled down, and nothing wanted to run right, even my always reliable ones. I started nearly all my saws, and most required several more pulls than usual to start, and several didnt want to idle or they bogged down when I gassed them.

It has been a little colder lately, but not too bad, and I start my saws regularly and only use pre-mixed gas. I'm not sure what was going on with them.

Did your Chevy come with those mirrors or did you have to order those? Mine has some tiny little minivan size mirrors that are almost irritating when I have a trailer. If you bought them aftermarket, would you mind sharing a link?
Also I’m viewing from my phone. Is that a 2500 or 3500? I’m thinking of going heavier on my next truck but not sure if it’s worth it with the single rear wheel

I have bought a new 3500 3 times every last 6 years. They seem to come with better stuff. Mirrors also have turn sigs in them. I put bigger tires on all of them because I plow and tow heavy schit (15k chipper) and they just look better imo. Duallys would get in the way of weaving between trees with trailers and plowing and they just aren't needed treebilly, I don't think.12628416_961153767312395_1623166299139729699_o.jpg

Well besides boring engineering work most of the day, I went out to play with my saws and make sure a few started after they had completely cooled down, and nothing wanted to run right, even my always reliable ones. I started nearly all my saws, and most required several more pulls than usual to start, and several didnt want to idle or they bogged down when I gassed them.

It has been a little colder lately, but not too bad, and I start my saws regularly and only use pre-mixed gas. I'm not sure what was going on with them.
Too many non Stihls imo. 419258_443622805732163_25555857_n.jpg

Latest posts

Back