whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where’s the tree? MDS confused

Sounds like a nice score, though!!

4 8k picks under that ivy boys. 50 ton w/ Boom maxed out in reach and weight on the lmi. Perfect set up. Back of house covered in windows. ***** laying all over the roof and house under construction. Not a board bent or window pane broke. The neighborhood brought lawn chairs and set up a gallery on the side lawn. Drone flying over my head. Insurance agent was there and asked me will there be any damage. He watched the whole process of my engineering stems to stand up slowly first instead of just picking them. He was amazed. I thought the whole gang of em was gonna carry me around the hood on their shoulders so many compliments. Pict doesn't do it justice. Not another bucket or tracked unit would have done that job. Would have got in but never got out up embankment.

I doubled up mats on a 60 ton crane a few months ago and it didn’t matter. Sank just the same. Just keeps the crane from getting stuck.

You must been using cheapos. He came right in front soggy yard (not even doubled) and not a rut to be found.. These Duradecks are real stiff.

Ouch.

Misjudged my notch so we GRCS'd it back. Put a bit too much tension and it snapped back on my right hand. Somehow the customer got a shot at the exact moment of impact.

I felt light-headed and nauseous and needed to take a 5 minute breather.

Looks like the ground doggy should have dropped that below you. You be taking more than a 5 minute breather with that.

Had a close call yesterday. Had a red oak leaning over the house. Easy rig job but once we started rigging out higher branches the stem started flexing weird. To be safe I stopped production and back guyed it to another maple with a z rig self capture. Turned out I was right. About 30’ up the thing was rotten silly.
9d2daae877f8d4838298e876c03d458c.jpg
2e5f6621f956e6ad3423a24d612e2021.jpg
ec94262af761d9b68f4412e54831fa29.jpg
e2b297976b7b4a5e1065fbfea1f057e7.jpg
0e6266f5c6e4223848d21f31cf25f77a.jpg

Sometimes a guy doesn't want to waste the time with some of that, thinking it's over kill. Your intelligence won out and it was obviously a good call !
Had a close call yesterday. Had a red oak leaning over the house. Easy rig job but once we started rigging out higher branches the stem started flexing weird. To be safe I stopped production and back guyed it to another maple with a z rig self capture. Turned out I was right. About 30’ up the thing was rotten silly.
9d2daae877f8d4838298e876c03d458c.jpg
2e5f6621f956e6ad3423a24d612e2021.jpg
ec94262af761d9b68f4412e54831fa29.jpg
e2b297976b7b4a5e1065fbfea1f057e7.jpg
0e6266f5c6e4223848d21f31cf25f77a.jpg
Sometimes a guy doesn't want to waste time with some of that, thinking it's over kill. Your intelligence won out and it was obviously a good call !

Wt. pine stickay but bet that cashed in real nice. Nice job and nice being the go to guy to call. View attachment 787321

I was able to charge about a grand more than the average day was all (no 12k job lol). Was a nice old guy and seemed kinda helpless, plus I didn’t see a lady of the house anywhere, so I felt bad for him. Thanks to the lift and accompanying equipment (think TSF) it worked out for both of us.

I was able to charge about a grand more than the average day was all (no 12k job lol). Was a nice old guy and seemed kinda helpless, plus I didn’t see a lady of the house anywhere, so I felt bad for him. Thanks to the lift and accompanying equipment (think TSF) it worked out for both of us.

No lady of the house means he gets to relax.

Looks like that house been nailed by a tree before and roof patched? Tree on house or any structure around here and instant insurance claim.

Tree on house or any structure around here and instant insurance claim.

That’s the way it works here too. Other half totally missed the house this time, so no dice with the ins.

Not sure what was up with the patchwork roofing there. He was just another cheapo Casadei Tree customer (new one), so I’m guessing that was just a cheap fix for something leaking. Could’ve been a tree, though. No clue.

We’re seven days into a good sized “commercial” job (working for HOA). I’ll probably almost miss this one when it’s over. Nice traveling to and from one place and stopping at a reasonable hour. It’s definitely a little more “job” than I’d like to be into at this time of year, but what the hell. It’s good work, really. Lot of underbrush and trees were cleared here, now we’re taking the big dead ash and tractor winching them out and sorting them with the giant. Pretty slick.
FC89C197-B0B4-478F-83DC-DF250BC1E609.jpeg
8ADBF5EF-BB78-4C10-BA09-A9817EDF0CD6.jpeg
3719D9ED-EACF-458F-980C-C6E6DD92D468.jpeg

Latest posts

Back