whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As things ramp up with this craziness I’m starting to dread the hospital. Not just about the virus but I’m afraid if something happens I’m gonna get any doctor who’s been up for two days straight.
People saying weird stuff to me lately. “Things are gonna get REAL bad”.
It’s like, yea I know things are gonna get real bad but don’t ****ing remind me. It’s all I think about.

Not to rant, but what I don’t understand is why people seem to have such a hard time keeping 6 - 8’ away from each other. It’s ****ing pissing me off!! The couple few estimates I’ve been on since the height of this thing (so far), it just seems like people can’t help but start edging up on me. It’s like I’m trying to casually distance myself from them the entire time! It’s everyone I’ve talked to actually now that I think about it. I don’t know what’s up with people. It’s like the virus is attacking the brain first or something.

Not to rant, but what I don’t understand is why people seem to have such a hard time keeping 6 - 8’ away from each other. It’s ****ing pissing me off!! The couple few estimates I’ve been on since the height of this thing (so far), it just seems like people can’t help but start edging up on me. It’s like I’m trying to casually distance myself from them the entire time! It’s everyone I’ve talked to actually now that I think about it. I don’t know what’s up with people. It’s like the virus is attacking the brain first or something.
I know exactly what you are saying, I was just out this morning bidding a job with one of our state legislators who couldn't seem to stay away from me ! (Did get the job though !)

people have never wanted to get close to you before. what changed? lol.

Had 2 jobs cancel last week for fear of the Chinese food er I mean flue. Today one of my condo complexes said I didn't get the job. Didn't know I was bidding against anybody. I bid $3100, they (an old established Cinci tree co.) bid $1200. WTF...Tried to website them as no email. Wanted to tell them they lost out on $1800. they coulda had.

Had 2 jobs cancel last week for fear of the Chinese food er I mean flue. Today one of my condo complexes said I didn't get the job. Didn't know I was bidding against anybody. I bid $3100, they (an old established Cinci tree co.) bid $1200. WTF...Tried to website them as no email. Wanted to tell them they lost out on $1800. they coulda had.

You mean the Kung-Flue?:laugh:

Maybe they are just sweet on ya Paul. Arrrrgh

Dave, this is happening everywhere. I’ve dropped my rates to mitigate losing jobs. I’m not going to get every one but I need to keep busy.

Me too :-( And we were absolutely killin it thru last year. It will slough off some of these many upstart sunny day services tho.

That’s okay. I might shake my head in stunned disbelief for a minute, but I’ll pick it up and do what I have to do to survive as well. Bastards.

And yeah, what you said about the sunny day upstarts, I like that thought.

Just been doing a lot of maintenance the last week. Have work, just my back hasn’t been feeling great, the weather kinda sucks... the whole F’n Kung Flu thing, etc, etc, are the reasons I haven’t been doing much. Seems like as good a time as any for a little break. I’m gonna get back at it this week though, regardless (even if it kill my old ass!!)

Figured out I can fit the lift in the shop to grease it in narrow track, so I don’t have to move the back up bandit (that I’m trying to preserve). That makes things a bit easier. (I need a bigger yard, so moving things can be a bit of a project ).

Hope you guys are getting through this thing as well. Stay strong! I know The MDS ain’t giving up any time soon!!:cool:
5E60C187-CE07-4088-8B03-9D6A5FBFBCDD.jpeg1143CCDC-CE5D-4944-A7F9-4B992768F485.jpeg

Dave, this is happening everywhere. I’ve dropped my rates to mitigate losing jobs. I’m not going to get every one but I need to keep busy.

Just a little food for thought for my boys. It is not out of the realm of possibility we have been hit by a biological weapon attack. China (read the enclosure) wouldn't care about taking out a lot of people to get to us. From a former Marine Corps Vet (me) to you...

https://jrnyquist.blog/2019/09/11/t...xrtB2Ts18w9kTecsFYn4-x7dUvMXvS_M4imPA0MCe7_uU

Took this big limb off and removed some dead from other parts of tree. It was a pretty long limb. Pic was taken after 3 or 4 peices were are already rigged down. Beautiful day it was on friday.

Attachments

• 28017-MMS-1585437487863-attachment1-20200327_140743.jpg
    28017-MMS-1585437487863-attachment1-20200327_140743.jpg
    506.6 KB · Views: 26
  • 28018-MMS-1585437487863-attachment1-20200327_122050.jpg
    28018-MMS-1585437487863-attachment1-20200327_122050.jpg
    518.9 KB · Views: 26
Just been doing a lot of maintenance the last week. Have work, just my back hasn’t been feeling great, the weather kinda sucks... the whole F’n Kung Flu thing, etc, etc, are the reasons I haven’t been doing much. Seems like as good a time as any for a little break. I’m gonna get back at it this week though, regardless (even if it kill my old ass!!)

Figured out I can fit the lift in the shop to grease it in narrow track, so I don’t have to move the back up bandit (that I’m trying to preserve). That makes things a bit easier. (I need a bigger yard, so moving things can be a bit of a project ).

Hope you guys are getting through this thing as well. Stay strong! I know The MDS ain’t giving up any time soon!!:cool:
View attachment 812135View attachment 812136
Why not slap down a nice new 20' container with doors in both sides and put your track lift in one side and maybe your back up chipper in the other side. I just bought one for $3600. brand new delivered and it is real nice and solid. Easy open doors and could be hid behind your barn.

Just a little food for thought for my boys. It is not out of the realm of possibility we have been hit by a biological weapon attack. China (read the enclosure) wouldn't care about taking out a lot of people to get to us. From a former Marine Corps Vet (me) to you...

https://jrnyquist.blog/2019/09/11/t...xrtB2Ts18w9kTecsFYn4-x7dUvMXvS_M4imPA0MCe7_uU

Wouldnt you think if they were to do that on purpose they would have started it off in the depths of Central America where there are countless bat populations and undiscovered species, that way they could have plausible deniability and could have closed themselves off from its harm? (not to mention have developed there own vaccine)

Considering how tenuous the communist parties hold on power is at times of crisis, its likelihood is extremely thin and chances of keeping it secret (because people who release that kind of thing in there own nation have family in harms way to) are next to zero.

They dont like instability, they dont gamble, they think 50 years ahead, and they are taking over the world without a shot fired. Its an impressive rise, fueled by the likes of walmart.

And lets not go into the crazy idea of an invasion by russian and china (who dont like each other), every nation wargames various ideas and plans, how many strategies do you think the US has come up with against china or russia? Hundreds?
They dont have to invade the US, the US is sadly but steadily defeating themselves.

We are in full lockdown here, and I have a shoulder giving me trouble so I have been clearing out my workshop, found 6 22 inch chains, and a chain one of my guys made with the chisels on the inside!
Fun times, lots of time with kids and Lego. I sincerely hope things get better soon world wide

5T4aEru.jpg

Latest posts

Back