whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got it.
0155c7bcd6c99ac80fc4ce28ea763701.jpg

Made one cut with it and it runs real good. I dug in the dogs and it started to bog down but then kept up and leveled off.

Had a maple removal this morning. Not an incredibly difficult one, but the road made life interesting. Homeowner just wanted it dropped. When the last piece fell, owner said no one else wanted to touch it...

Nothing damaged, had a good day!

IMG_1669.jpg

Got it.
0155c7bcd6c99ac80fc4ce28ea763701.jpg

Made one cut with it and it runs real good. I dug in the dogs and it started to bog down but then kept up and leveled off.
That is a nice saw. I may buy one but gonna wait to see how they do. I just bought a new 880 47" bar. I had a ported 088 but the damn thing was so hard to pull my arthritis on my right index knuckle wouldn't take it anymore. Got $1200 for the 88 and the 880 for $2k so it only cost me about $800 :cool: Cheers.KIMG2399.JPG

That is a nice saw. I may buy one but gonna wait to see how they do. I just bought a new 880 47" bar. I had a ported 088 but the damn thing was so hard to pull my arthritis on my right index knuckle wouldn't take it anymore. Got $1200 for the 88 and the 880 for $2k so it only cost me about $800 :cool: Cheers.View attachment 862115

Well, you kinda need that saw for those big stupid dead ash trees and cottenwoods.

Had a maple removal this morning. Not an incredibly difficult one, but the road made life interesting. Homeowner just wanted it dropped. When the last piece fell, owner said no one else wanted to touch it...

Nothing damaged, had a good day!

View attachment 862091
No one else wanted to touch it?...My God, that would have been the easiest removal we did out of all of the ones we did last week.

No one else wanted to touch it?...My God, that would have been the easiest removal we did out of all of the ones we did last week.

Didn't think it was overly complicated, less than today's project for sure...

Attachments

• 20201026_135848.jpg
    20201026_135848.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 32
Let is know how it works. I've thought about buying one of those for the times when something gets tangled and you need to pick it back up. I set up a 3:1 or a 6:1 now in theses instances but this looks quicker and easier.
I have used the rope jack a few times now and I’d say it’s a winner. One customer was really worried about anything touching her new roof, so the jack took any chance of that happening out of the occasion.

It’s easy to attach, takes a little bit of thinking/planning to get it unattached with all that pressure on the rope, but once you get the hang of it, it’s not bad. I’d say it’s worth the $275 I paid for it.

I got a new rope and this thing. I think it’s gonna be pretty sick, I can already tell. What I like about it is there’s really nothing to think about, should just work. I’m also thinking ahead to what Vet said about it being a good training tool. I got a guy that might eventually go that direction. I’ve already got a couple extra brand new saddles too. I am becoming like an arborist supply/equipment hoarder lol.
C3721FC3-4390-4110-88D2-EEA153ACC4FF.jpeg

I got a new rope and this thing. I think it’s gonna be pretty sick, I can already tell. What I like about it is there’s really nothing to think about, should just work. I’m also thinking ahead to what Vet said about it being a good training tool. I got a guy that might eventually go that direction. I’ve already got a couple extra brand new saddles too. I am becoming like an arborist supply/equipment hoarder lol.
View attachment 864603

I haven’t met anyone that went back to their old way after buying a zigzag. I love mine. Feel the same way about my ART positioner.

Rained till 4pm... collected payment for some completed work. Stopped at a sawshop, bought some gear, came home, took a nap... :)

That was me...but maybe him too.
I vaguely remember that. Was a big bird the Dan wrangled up, a macaw I think it was. That thing looked like it put the dan through the wringer. Lol. He looked like he might’ve been on some hallucinogenics at the time too, so that probably didn’t help matters much. The Dan def looked rode hard and hung up wet. Lol. He completed his mission, though! :laugh:

Latest posts

Back