What’s the deal with these new farmertec bars?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shortfuze82

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
What’s the deal with these cheapo farmertec bars larger 28-42” appear to be a sugi or tsmura copy. The smaller painted bars are cheap as all get out 9$ for sn 18” bar!!! What are they made out of?..... aluminum?
Just looking for some input , as it seems all bars these days don’t last due to the rpm these high performance saws are running these days.

Attachments

• 712B57ED-65A4-41D6-B602-53AFA241D334.png
    712B57ED-65A4-41D6-B602-53AFA241D334.png
    541.1 KB · Views: 22
I have one of the older Chinese bars to my son for his 570 husky to test out. So far so good. He’s using the Chinese saw chain too. I did notice when filing some teeth felt harder steel than some of the others but it’s holding up. I don’t expect the quality like Oregon, or the other top brands we will see.

I have one of the older Chinese bars to my son for his 570 husky to test out. So far so good. He’s using the Chinese saw chain too. I did notice when filing some teeth felt harder steel than some of the others but it’s holding up. I don’t expect the quality like Oregon, or the other top brands we will see.
Yes, I have one of their chains too and I noticed that a couple of the cutters were harder than the others. I bought a super cheap Chinese chain from Amazon and all the cutters are so hard that a file just slides across them. I don't know what I'm going to do with it.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

If their bar rails are as hard as those teeth your file skates across I would imagine the rails would last half decent!!!
If you are interested in those bars, my advice would be to pick some you want, add them to your cart and see what the total shipping cost is.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back