ArboristSite.com Sponsors

What additions are you making to your 2020 firewooding arsenal?

sb47

Addicted to ArboristSite
I was thinking about getting one of these but according to there site your splitter has to have a fixed end foot and mine has a fixed wedge. It does look like it works pretty darn good though!!
Yeah, I don't think it would work for that type of splitter. To bad cause it works well for mine. I can see where it would be a problem with your type of splitter. You would have to reel out the cable as the round is pushed forward. With all equipment there is a learning curve and I'm starting to get the hang of it now.

sb47

Addicted to ArboristSite
Thing I hate about doing firewood is actually physically bringing it in the house. I used to carry it in for a long while. Then I made a log carrier thing out of a dolly that actually works really well but will still wear you out. This year I was brain storming on making an electric cart of some kind. By the time I had my matierial figured out it was close enough to just buy this. I this was the first winter I used it and other than getting a splitter and putting the mail away it’s made the biggest difference in firewood. Literally no effort to move it. I load it up way over thre sides and it just takes it. Charge lasts forever too.

I'm contemplating on adding a 10x10 room just behind the wall where my stove is located where I can stock it up with wood so I don't have to keep bringing wood in, in small batches. I use a dolly to bring in my wood in the house. A 10x10 room will hold enough wood to last me almost all winter.

husky455rancher

husky455rancher

Addicted to ArboristSite
Not one day haha. The thing works great I love it. I bring my wood in so it has the chance to dry a little bit more and I don’t have to go uncover it in the cold and snow ( it dosent snow anymore here in Connecticut though)

for my setup this thing has made all the difference. My next huge leap would be a splitter with the but to do a 4-way wedge or something with a log lift.

husky455rancher

husky455rancher

Addicted to ArboristSite
I'm contemplating on adding a 10x10 room just behind the wall where my stove is located where I can stock it up with wood so I don't have to keep bringing wood in, in small batches. I use a dolly to bring in my wood in the house. A 10x10 room will hold enough wood to last me almost all winter.
I actually have that but I kind of seclude it from the cellar that way I don’t have to heat it. I stack my wood opposite side of the cellar well as much as I can reasonably fit. Then I make a big pile right near the stove on both sides. This makes a big difference if the wood isn’t totally ready to go. I will admit they last few years I haven’t been ahead like I should be. I’ve only been doing what I need for that year. I got a full log truck load stacked in the yard now though so I’ll have a good jump on next years too.