What am I doing wrong?

• Thread starter Deleted member 149229
  • Start date
Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Box size is what did it . . .Smallest box, solid padding . . .
Easy to cut a corrugated box down in size, if it is going to make a difference; slit it around the middle and 'telescope' it down. Adds some stiffness to the carton, and the additional weight probably does not matter, since they are charging you by volume anyway.

Still a drag to pay so much for shipping.

Philbert

They must have raised rates again. $35 bucks to ship a 17lb saw package from FL to MN with $300 of insurance. I could have taken the handle off to reduce the size of the box but not sure how much that would have saved....

They must have raised rates again. $35 bucks to ship a 17lb saw package from FL to MN with $300 of insurance. I could have taken the handle off to reduce the size of the box but not sure how much that would have saved....
Depending on the origin and destination Steve that would be in the ballpark of what I would expect to pay, with the insurance. I always encourage a business address, and choose to drop off at a regular route pickup on my account.

Might be cheaper to buy it a coach airline seat (naw, a saw probably would not fit, the way they squeezed them down).

Does Greyhound, or any of the bus companies, take packages?

Philbert

I actually heard of that, back in the day, for large packages.

I don't know much about it, like how reliable it is, but I know they still do it. My friend's little sister is a spoiled brat. She moved from Oregon to Vermont this last summer. After she left she implored her dad and my friend, her sister, to pack up all of her belongings (except what fit in her car with her, to be fair). 25 large boxes worth... Anyway, long story short it cost $750 to ship all 25 boxes via Greyhound. As far as I know, they all showed up.

That 14" Partner demolition saw I just sold through the trading post cost $28 to ship to Texas from NW Indiana. I forget the particulars on size and weight but you got a idea with what was shipped. Granted it was only insured for the $100 selling price but that $100 is included up front and another $400 would be around $4 more.

I have said it before and I'll say it again, bigger then a shoe box and more then a couple states away, UPS is the way to go period. This is with a account and printing your own labels or going through PayPal shipping. If you have a insurance issue, I'll take my chances collecting through UPS over USPS any day of the week. UPS tracking also works..

California, Washington and Oregon is another matter all together, I have know idea what the hell is going on there.

Latest posts

Back