What Aquastat do I need?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

urhstry

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I am looking for a part number for the type of aquastat I need for my setup. I have one OWB line to my house and the other to my garage. I want to put the aquastat on the garage line in order to shut off the pump and keep the hot water for the house. This is mainly for the early morning when the wood runs low and the water can't stay up to temp to run both areas. I want a latch-on aquastat for 3/4" copper pipe that is variable temp. Anybody have an Ebay link or a part number for what I need? Thanks.

Can you tell me what the difference is between the units with an attached probe and the ones that do not have a probe and are just strapped onto the pipe? How can the probe sense water temp versus the ambient around it?

The strap on aquastat has a sensor that you attach to the pipe. Wrap a litttle insulation around it and it works fine.

This is what I just bought and I have used this one for a few things before and it worked well. I like the digital control better and I would think you can just use it as a room thermostat and start the pump with it and you shouldn't need any other valves?

Good Luck

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

RANCO ETC-111000 DIGITAL TEMPERATURE CONTROL 120 - 240V
Specifications:

* Temperature Setpoint Range: -30° to 220°F
Differential range: 1° to 30°F
Input Voltage: 120VAC, 208, 240VAC
Pilot duty: 125VA at 120/208/240VAC
Sensor: Thermistor, 2" long x 1/4"dia with 8' cable (included)
Control Ambient Temperatures
Operating: -20° to 140°
Storage: -40° to 176°
Ambient humidity: 0 to 95% RH, non-condensing
Enclosure: NEMA 1
Dimensions: 6.52" high x 2.7" wide x 2.48" deep
Agency Approvals: UL listed, file E94419, Guide XAPX, CSA certified, file LR68340, class 4813 02

Back