what are the chances

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hard wood

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
what are the chances of seeing 88 chainsaws all running at one time ? there are 88 carvers signed up for the event friendly compition . Do the hot saw events draw as many competeters ? Being I've only been to one in person I've seen them on TV but that don't tell you much you can only see what they want you to see .Being a carver myself I hope you can under stand why I;m so exsited I'm always ttrying to promote the arts so it can grow and continue . This may be world record event maybe I've never heard on that many chainsaw's carving at one time .I say with that many chainsaw people in one place theirs a few collectors among them as well I can't wait .

Howdy,

Sounds like quite an event. I expect there will be lots of displays of the carving work these guys do. It always amazes me. I asked Ron Hartill once how he made a bear like that, and he said to just go out in the woods, find a chunck of wood about the size of a bear, and cut off anything that does not look like bear! Never worked for me. I have a friend here that does carvings for sale, and has gotten to sending them all over the NW, and actually making money at it. One guy over on the San Juan Islands west of Seattle ordered 19 to be made for him.

A quite a few signs are showing up around here, carved out by chainsaw, and with a relieved browned wood background done with a heatting torch. Really looks sharp. It's hard to get the well aged wood of large diameter around here, but with the help of a few guys on the lookout for such logs, my friend has a nice inventory. Well aged old growth resists splitting, and if well lacquered proves quite durable. Needs a lacquer touchup about once a year though.

Regards,
Walt Galer

whell last weekend i was runnign all of my runnign saws. i had 60 running sitting in a line. it was shaking the ground. it was great

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
I did that once, and my wife almost had me comitted!,,LOL just kidding. Isn't it cool how the ground shakes!:cool:

that I would like to see as well

I would have like to been there to see sixty saws idealing aroung how many did you have o chase as they idealed around in circles .My wife knows I don't have much sence either she probbaly wouldn;t even have paid me nop attension

whell i think the straight pipes on half of them blew them in the opposite direction that they wanted to rattle so they stayed pretty much where they were. just a few of the monster saws were shaking all around like a goose. but this was the first weekend that my new neighbors were in their place. but hell they move from the city to the country they gotta expect it. they still think i am totaly nuts.

Back