What are the odds. McCulloch PM 70.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

findingZzero

Reaction score
I'm not a lumberjack. I'm not a chain saw guy. Not like the guys in the shop I bought it from way back when. I grew up in an apartment in a big city. I bought my first house in the mid 80's and have been living there since. I bought my first/last chain saw, a McCulloch PM 70 soon thereafter when I discovered that for the price of having someone cut up the fallen timber around my house, I could buy the tool. I used it a few times back then, enough to have had the chain sharpened 2 or 3 times, but it's been sitting in my basement wrapped in plastic for about 20-30 yrs. I believe I ran it dry the last time I used it. If you're supposed to run pure oil thru it I never did that. Aside from the Logo being gone from the bar and even the MAD MAX I magic markered on it is rubbed off. There is a dead tree I've been meaning to cut down. I noticed it a year ago and brought the saw up from the basement last summer. It's been sitting upstairs ever since. Last week a severe T-storm took it down leaving an 8 ft high stump (procrastination pays). I suppose my hesitation has been, about calculating the odds that this 2-stroke will start again Looks brand new (mostly). I put chain oil in it then realized the 10 ml measure cylinder bit the dust a couple of years ago and I've been guesstimating the oil mix for my 2-stroke blower. I didn't wanna do this for the saw so I ordered a p10 ml piece which should be here in a few days, allowing me to procrastinate a couple of days longer. That's been enough time to find this forum and write this short story. I've also been checking out the 16" DeWalt battery pack saw as a plan B. Plan A right now is to light up a cigar with a glass of single malt and play in my yard with the dog. Then maybe install a new pressure tank for my well pump. I guess I have have come a ways from that apartment dweller..

Latest posts

Back